OCR NorCal Meetup!

bustatunez

Yes. You told me that when you go to McDonalds, you order in spanish so they don't mess up your order. Also, you told me you were a drunkard.

I'm embarassed that you know more spanish than me.

I was afraid I was saying things wrong or with a bad accent, because I do recall you said you only understood a little bit of what I was saying.

and speaking of Gouken, WE FUCKING BROKE THE PLANE. Mission accomplished.

Incidentally, a minor correction regarding what I told you guys the character on the back of Gouken's shirt means.

woops.png

The one on the bottom is what is on the shirt. Yeah, I didn't look closely enough before speaking.

LMAO. This makes so much more sense. I was incredibly confused why they would have the character for "Dance" for a badass like Gouken.

First I must say, it was great to finally meet all of you guys. Any preconceptions I had were dashed the moment I met up with Neko, Arek, and Global-Trance. The whole day was a massive pile of awesomeness with so many memorable moments with wacky, fun-loving people. Even the aforementioned trouble with the monstrous truck and the aircraft carrier-sized bus that set the whole thing in motion.

The highs of the high:

VG themed woot! shirts

Nekofrog demo reel!

Making the most of missing a turn by offering Arek $2 to turn around on what was basically a highway (he denied us :/ but we almost had it)

Taking THE LAST EXIT before going over the Golden Gate Bridge (it was right in front of us) only to find that we were exactly where we wanted to be!

Shopping with busta and Yosho... busta's complete naïveté about EVERYTHING i.e. "where are the potatoes?" when he's right in front of the potatoes

Alligator stew :D

Beach cookoff where nobody knows what they're doing but are too proud to admit it and look up instructions online (c'mon, it's a learning experience! we don't need a wikihow on how to bbq!)

A_Rival has appeared!

all the drunken antics and video

meeting old friends for the first time and making new friends <3

Also I must relate a story nobody's touched on yet.

SO bustatunez loads up SF4 for us to play and goes "oh I haven't unlocked Gouken yet, can you guys do that for me?" So we set it up so it's super easy and bam, 10 minutes later we have Gouken. So THEN busta asks to have us unlock Seth, but he's only beaten the game with a third of the characters. So instead we decide to just beat the game with Gouken. Global-Trance wants it to be more challenging, so he sets it back to the medium difficulty and regular round times. We proceed to bash our way through people until we get to Cammy. Now, among the group Arek, Neko, and GT are the better players, and Cammy perfected at least two of them in single rounds. Cammy finally got taken down in spectacular fashion by a pretzel-wearing Gouken with the shoryuken ultra (breaking the airplane wing, which was met with great applause.)

Ultimately Gouken comes face to face with Seth, who is pretty easy in the first round (unless you're me) and nuts in the second and third rounds. We must have watched Global-Trance fight him over 20 times (along with the whole room passing the controller around to no avail) but it was not meant to be and we were going to the beach. The look on GT's face as we walked in defeat to the beach was priceless.

Gouken will have to fight Seth another day, sorry bustatunez!

But thanks to all who journeyed from afar and aclose to come here

I think the gratitude rightfully goes in the other direction. If I could start an applause online, I'd do it.

VirnaLisiToast.jpg

G-T, I'm feeling left out. Where are the pictures I'm in? D:

SLyGeN, you poor sick dude. Do you remember talking to me on the phone last night after Neko got done rambling? You were trying to convince me that you have been paying Neko's cell phone bill this whole time. :3 You had me rolling in the Taco Bell drive-thru. You also seemed so proud that you were no longer puking.

Glad everyone had fun. That voicemail from G-T brightened my whole shitty night. <3 Next time, I'll be in Cali and you can show me how a party is done out there. :razz:

SLyGeN, you poor sick dude. Do you remember talking to me on the phone last night after Neko got done rambling? You were trying to convince me that you have been paying Neko's cell phone bill this whole time. :3 You had me rolling in the Taco Bell drive-thru. You also seemed so proud that you were no longer puking.

Oh, that was you?? Yeah I most certainly have been paying his cellphone bills ;D I recall saying a few things, but of course it's a blur.

I certainly was happy to have gotten the sickness out of my system, though. I was more upset about missing the party than I was about the discomfort of vomiting. I wasn't going to chance making a mess in Bustatunez' place.

For the record, I can beat Seth on hardest without too much difficulty with other characters... which is why I was pretty much offended I couldn't win with Gouken on medium. MUST BE A BAD DAY FOR ME. Anyways, I'm going to be posting a bunch of pictures... so if someone wants to merge all my picture posts into one, that would be appreciated!

IMG_9920.jpg

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9928.jpg

IMG_9929.jpg