Ever have a character in a fighting game...

Archaon

...that you really like, but can't use to save your life?

Mine's Raphael of the Soul Calibur series.

He's got style, no question, but he's also a real badass when you think about it. Pretty much everyone in the Soul Calibur universe has some kind of advantage, be it an enchanted weapon, a suit of armour, magical powers or just being really friggin' big. Raphael's got nothing but a plain old rapier and some fancy clothes, and yet he can go toe to toe with the likes of Nightmare and Darth Vader.

Except when I use him.

I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to get the hang of his moves. No matter how much I dodge and weave with his Preparations or try to bust out a nice juggle, I almost always just seem to end up spamming 6BBB until someone's KOed.

Same thing applies to Slayer in the Guilty Gear series. Damned cool and sophisticated character that I haven't got a hope in hell of beating anyone with, ever.

EDIT: How the hell did this get in here? THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN COMMUNITY.

WHERE IS THE DELETE BUTTON OH GOD.

I almost always just seem to end up spamming 6BBB until someone's KOed.

I was under the assumption that that was how Raphael was supposed to be played.

At least that's how people play him when they go up against me. :<

But really, I would have to say Lieselotte Achenbach from Arcana heart. She has the same last name as me, which was quite surprising considering the name. But she's impossible, uses a puppet.

for some reason, I can't competently play any Street Fighter shotokan character other than Akuma. I absolutely shred with Akuma, but if I dare try using Ryu or Ken or whoever, I fail so bad... Maybe i'll have some luck with Gouken.

Also, in the Marvel fighting games, I could never seem to use Hulk right...

My Soul Calibur fail character is Maxi. I always wanna play him, but I don't think I've ever won with him...

If I like a character I'll use them until I'm good (or at least not terrible) with them.

This is how I am too.

Except that cactus fucker in the Marvel vs Capcom 2 game. I wanted so badly to be able to kick ass with a giant sombrero cactus, but I couldn't make it happen.

EDIT: Apparently his name is Amingo and wasn't from Marvel or a previous Capcom release.

amingo-taunt.gif

This is how I am too.

Except that cactus fucker in the Marvel vs Capcom 2 game. I wanted so badly to be able to kick ass with a giant sombrero cactus, but I couldn't make it happen.

EDIT: Apparently his name is Amingo and wasn't from Marvel or a previous Capcom release.

Ooh, MvC2. Totally forgot about that one.

Hayato.

I swear to Christ and all that is holy that I CANNOT make his plasma combos to work. I can get maybe one or two of them to execute properly, but the rest just refuse to come out no matter how many times I try and no matter how I push the buttons.

And it's not like I'm just looking at a bad command list either. I mean, they're plastered all over the Internet. Every single movelist I've looked at for Hayato has the exact same list of plasma combos and ALMOST NONE OF THEM WORK. And it can't possibly be that I'm pressing the buttons wrong, because one of them just involves holding back and pressing HP twice. That's it.

AND IT DOESN'T EVER WORK.

I didn't include him because I don't really care that I suck with him.

As for Dhsu's feelings about forcing yourself, that was Jigglypuff for me in SSB. I still won't win the match if the people I'm playing are good, but I forced myself to get good enough with Jigglypuff that I wouldn't be the first dead or the one with the least kills.

This is because anyone that actually picks Taki just wants to stare at ninja bewbs.

Is it just me or in SC2 was her vagina pulled down to her knees?

Dan, on the other hand, dresses like a pansy (or a breast cancer supporter) and is somehow awesome in my hands.

I LOVE playing Dan, there's nothing like owning with 1 ft range GADOKEN!

He runs like a motherfucker and his moves feel as slow as Bowser's. Well...maybe not that bad, but bad.

Awww, Captain Falcon and Bowser are my best characters. -cryface-