New zircon album - Mass Media Constant - $7 on Protagonist Records!

zircon

After its completion about half a year ago, my new drum and bass album "Mass Media Constant" is slated for release over at Protagonist Records on February 10th! I originally started this as a project for licensing - film, TV, video games and other such media (hence the name), but decided to turn it into a full EP because I was having so much fun. The final result is far more meaty than my previous EP release, The World Circuit, and I'm very excited about it.

You can check out some track previews right on the Protagonist Records site, which is also where you'll be able to order it in digital format.

My influences for this one range from LTJ Bukem and Photek to Wagon Christ, BT, Pendulum and The Sims, and no two tracks sound alike. When listening to this, imagine walking through a super-stylized version of Times Square at midnight on a Saturday, looking at all the billboards, hearing music coming from bars and restaurants, and watching cars and buses fly by. That's what I had in mind when writing it. :)

Hey folks, as the dude who owns and runs Protagonist, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the whole thing. Is the site set up well, are you compelled to keep coming back, would you subscribe to the RSS feed, does the shop and checkout process work well for you, is there anything confusing, any cool ideas for features to add? Any input is welcome.

Nice cover art, this is going to be awesome.

Thanks. It's by me!

Haha, yeah, that's the WIP of the track. You can hear some of the changes I made in the final version.

I'm still on Progressive Grooves, but both that and Protagonist are non-exclusive, so there's no problem with me having releases on both. However, since MMC is all new material, I'm really pumped about it and proud to have it as an exclusive release with Protagonist.

Hey folks, as the dude who owns and runs Protagonist, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the whole thing. Is the site set up well, are you compelled to keep coming back, would you subscribe to the RSS feed, does the shop and checkout process work well for you, is there anything confusing, any cool ideas for features to add? Any input is welcome.

Thanks. It's by me!

I think I've purchased almost every album from your store. Your store is awesome, and you've been great customer support in the past. Thumbs up.

Also, I'm really enjoying the preview for "One True Love", my favorite so far.

I love the graphical layout of the website. That's superb, not a thing I'd change.

I do have a few suggestions in other areas, though. For one, the "purchase" link breaks the interface consistency that was present in every other link on that bar. Suddenly, clicking "Protagonist Records" does not send someone back to the home page. Actually, I don't see *any* link from the store back to the home site. But what I mean to say is that the store should probably look something akin to this:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/starskies/_misc/ProtRecsExample.jpg

Also, the "artists" page looks a little sparse at the moment. The sidebar pulls more attention than the actual page content. Perhaps a small portrait next to each artist could help alleviate that?

Gotta say again, though, the graphics and the site theme look professional. Good work on that.

I love the graphical layout of the website. That's superb, not a thing I'd change.

I do have a few suggestions in other areas, though. For one, the "purchase" link breaks the interface consistency that was present in every other link on that bar. Suddenly, clicking "Protagonist Records" does not send someone back to the home page. Actually, I don't see *any* link from the store back to the home site. But what I mean to say is that the store should probably look something akin to this:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/starskies/_misc/ProtRecsExample.jpg

Also, the "artists" page looks a little sparse at the moment. The sidebar pulls more attention than the actual page content. Perhaps a small portrait next to each artist could help alleviate that?

Gotta say again, though, the graphics and the site theme look professional. Good work on that.

Yeap yeap, all good points and things I'm planning on fixing up. Glad you like the way it looks...I'm not totally satisfied but I really am tired of working on the site at the moment :).

The cart is a whole different system from the rest of the site and yeah, I'm sure it confuses some visitors. I'm planning on fixing that aspect up.