New zircon album - Mass Media Constant - $7 on Protagonist Records!

zircon

Ugh flac is the only lossless format you have there? That's annoying :? .

Bout to buy this though!

I was under the impression that FLAC was the most popular of the lossless codecs, other than AAC maybe. Most people seem to be pretty happy about me offering FLAC. I'll do whatever the majority wants though. What format do you suggest?

I was under the impression that FLAC was the most popular of the lossless codecs, other than AAC maybe. Most people seem to be pretty happy about me offering FLAC. I'll do whatever the majority wants though. What format do you suggest?

FLAC is perfect, means I don't have to mess with iTunes or install any weird proprietary codecs. (monkey's audio, wavpack, etc.) Its lossless nature ensures easy conversion to any other lossless format one prefers. I would urge you to keep FLAC, regardless of whether you plan to introduce any other codecs in the future.

Well, I may get annoyed by FLAC for a variety of reasons, but unfortunately I know that offering something like .wav would probably be impractical since I take it that you run the site so it's really just me griping about having to deal with the format.

Listening to the samples now, and quite enjoying them. A massive improvement on Antigravity. :nicework: (Not sure how careful you were with titling the tracks though. In my mind, there is only one Timeless in the drum & bass universe...)

As for the site, nice layout. Nice colour scheme and font style; I like the square-ish headings, etc.

I'll echo neil and highly recommend that you keep with FLAC.

Hey thanks for all the comments everyone! Hope everyone who hasn't spoken up yet is enjoying the album :)

By the way, some of you might not know that I have a mailing list that I reach out several times a year (at most, monthly, usually bi-monthly). I had been talking about this project to people on it since last year, including track previews and even full downloads. If you're interested in subscribing, just send an email with the subject "subscribe" to list (at) zirconstudios (dotttt) com.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're still on the fence about picking up this album, here are some reviews I've gotten over the last few weeks:

"Some serious good shit! I like this alot!"

"Very awesome album. I especially enjoyed The Emerald Lounge. Scrap that, the entire album is good! And as always, more phat bass!"

"I would say this was Film Score work based on D&B, great work, you think like me :)"

"Great work! Really like 'The Emerald Lounge', 'Timeless' and 'One True Love' especially."

"Congratulations on your release I really like your work I can hear this in some big action movie great work mate."

For $7, what have you got to lose? :D I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man :) I don't plan on doing actual DJ mixes of any tracks, but if someone really wanted me to, I could try messing around with them.

A little update; the CD should be available on iTunes soon, as it is already on CD Baby.

Also, as of now, Necromancy is the #1 track of all-time on Newgrounds, and Bushido Blade is track of the week. Pretty cool. Also, if any of y'all are still on the fence about picking MMC up, I've now received several messages of people saying they bought it and the new Prodigy album at the same time, and preferred mine...