Suggestions for a PSP

The Derrit

My list:

Sports: Hot Shots Golf Portable 1&2

Puzzle: Lumines 1&2, Puzzle Quest

Action RPG: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Fighter: Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Tekken: DR

Platformer: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (worth it for SotN alone!), Loco Roco

SRPG: Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness

Racing: Any Wipeout game

Action: Afterburner

Hot Shots Golf has gotten the most play by far on my PSP. A great games series that was perfectly ported to the PSP. I liked Crisis Core a lot for some reason. Yes, the dungeons were repetitive but I think it sports the best battle system of any FF game. Wish they spiced up the missions a bit more, but other than that it's worth your time. Hated Patapon for some reason. Just thought the core gamepay was annoying as hell and was a huge dissapointment after the gem that was Loco Roco. Had a lot of fun with the Afterburner game too, which seemed to be largely ignored. I loved the old arcade game is while it retained it's simple gameplay it was still fun as hell! You could probably find it really cheap these days.

Lets see, they're really hidden

SRPG:Yggdra Union, Disagea(near must-buy), Wild Arms XF, Jeanna D'Arc (Must buy of genre)

RPG:Riviera (kind've more like a book, than a game) Tales of Eternia (import)

Racing: Wipeout Pure. Burnout

Platformer: Crush, Castlevania, Loco Roco, Megaman MHX, and N+(It's great for it's price)

and you might be interested in God of War, Yu-gi-oh Tagforce 3 (import) and Lumines. As far as Fighters go, I'm a guilty gear man myself and GGXXAC is coming out in march.

Okay, I'm thinking of ditching my old flashed PSP for a new Slim & lite for TV support now that I have a decent TV. I always prefer playing games on TV and to play something and then bring it with you in your pocket is.. sexy.

I don't use homebrew or download games at all so that's not an issue. Anyone have any experience with playing PSP on TV?

Also, Power Stone Collection is sadly overlooked. Check it out!

Okay, I'm thinking of ditching my old flashed PSP for a new Slim & lite for TV support now that I have a decent TV. I always prefer playing games on TV and to play something and then bring it with you in your pocket is.. sexy.

I don't use homebrew or download games at all so that's not an issue. Anyone have any experience with playing PSP on TV?

Also, Power Stone Collection is sadly overlooked. Check it out!

I ahve one of those psp 3000 but i lack the good TV!

anyways, you can't flash the new ones.... yet. hwoever the are neat.

all I need now is a 12gb memory and a good tv :D

They were excellent and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

You have to understand that they're not Solid games though, they're Metal Gear Tactics games.

shoot, I need to dig up my copies and play them again

Metal Gear + Tactics = splooge

love tactics games, and metal gear. it sounds awesome.

Jeanne D'Arc is a nice tactics game for those pick-me-up gameplay types. Don't expect it to be deep as FFT or even Disgaea. That said, the pacing of the battles feels just right. I like its presentation too- you normally don't get this much attention to detail in tactical RPG games.

For some odd reason, I liked Crisis Core better than Final Fantasy 7 itself. I thought the storyline of Final Fantasy 7 was just odd and didn't make sense until I played FF7 CC. Since Crisis Core was released, I feel that any media FF7 related can stand on its own two feet; even without the "Final Fantasy" title in its name. Of course, due to the legacy the original Playstation game left, any game in the storyline will always be known as FF7.

• 3 weeks later...
For some odd reason, I liked Crisis Core better than Final Fantasy 7 itself. I thought the storyline of Final Fantasy 7 was just odd and didn't make sense until I played FF7 CC. Since Crisis Core was released, I feel that any media FF7 related can stand on its own two feet; even without the "Final Fantasy" title in its name. Of course, due to the legacy the original Playstation game left, any game in the storyline will always be known as FF7.

I agree... I really liked FF7 and everything, but I LOVED Crisis Core. And really, I like FF7 a LOT more now that I've played CC-- it helped fill in a hell of a lot of plot-holes that they just didn't bother with in the original game.