1. 1. Post this mix?

Hello, I recently submitted a song and, well, I don't think you decided to

post it. It wasn't my best work. Anyway, I'd like to submit this song:

I think it's much better than the other song i tried to submit. It's the

song on Metroid usually when you're in a room with a bird statue with an

item. I call it "Secrets." It's got a lot of bass. If you're playing it on

winamp i suggest turning the equalizer off because it sounds better without

it. And for some reason I couldn't get it too be really loud without making

it fuzzy so you have to turn up the volume a bit more than usual.

Please Publicize this info:

Creator: Main Finger

I really hope this song gets accepted to your site! I'm a big fan of Over

Clocked Remixes:)

Sorry, my site had gone down for a while and i was moved to a new server

where I had to re-upload everything.

Please Publicize this info:

>Creator: Main Finger

Since it's been so long, this song is now definitely not my greatest work,

but if you like this, then you'd like my newer stuff probably a whole lot

better. Hopefully I can contribute lots of songs to your site (I have quite

a few). This song is one of my older ones now, but oh well.

Well, to be honest, I can't say I enjoyed this remix simply because it failed utterly to hold my interest. Intro is entirely too long, and once the melody comes in, it's way to repetative (though not as much as it could be). I'd love to see some more intricate drum work, as this song really lends itsself to a much stronger jungle interperetation than the remixer has given it. Overall, borderline mix, but I'm gonna have to vote no (where's the no option, anyway?) just because of the lack of interest,

Gee wilikers, Rob. Are you listening to it through desktop speakers? Cuz if so, you are missing out on a buttload and a half of bass. If you've got a CD walkman and a good pair of headphones, listen to it there. I can hear the music better through there, but inanycase...

I liked it. He took 10 seconds worth of what is essentially randomly placed square waves and stretched it to over 4½ minutes. The deep sub-bassline is amazing (I'm aware that "deep sub-bass" is a redundant adjective but I care not, so :P) I like the drum loop as well. For a second, I thought I had another stereotypical techno drum loop, but the snare hits in there helps to break it up for me. On a personal level, I've always liked that "theme" (it's so freaky), I've always thought Metroid was outstanding, but above all...

I love it when people aren't afraid to remix a seemingly impossible theme. I love it even more when they pull it off successfully. Well done, post it.

Well I hope this doesn't sound racist or anything but I am a white guy who doesn't think he is something else, so therefore I'm probably not supposed to like this since it has such deep bass. But in actuality it's not that bad. The bass is super-duper strong which will be great for those punks who care about nothing 'cept for car audio. I expect to hear this driving by my house at 3:30am sometime. Not something I would play again and again, but I feel it is done well enough to merit posting. Not a premiere mix by any means but it squeaks by with a "yes" from me. Yo.

Joe, now it is my turn to hope that you do not take offense. But I laughed at what you wrote. Not out of ignorance, but because I thought it was funny, please forgive me.

:D No, it didn't sound racist.

:D Alot of white guys who like bass, know, realize, and embrace their caucasianess. On the other hand, you do have a few who... well, do I have to explain? :roll:

:D I hope to be one of those car audio punks, 'cept with a '93 S-10 and a decent pair of 6x9's that sound like 12's. That's the extent of my car audio knowledge.

:D Maybe once I get my sounds, I'll go through quite neighborhoods arond 3:30am. Then I'll get arrested and jailed naked, I can sue the city* and not work for a few years.

:D Yo.

*That really happened in Kalamazoo. The police arrested a black man and jailed him naked for no reason (well we all know the reason. I'll rephrase: "no GOOD reason") He sued the city, but I'm not sure if he won or not.... :roll:

Oh well, guess I'll stick to blastin' my factory speakers till they bust :?8O

OMG the baaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiissssssssss!!!!!!! It would sound emtpy, but the bass (my speakers are quite big and go down to 40hz) just fills it up. I say yes, because I really like that drum beat (you know the one) and it's different from most other remixes on this site because of the very low low-end. In addition, all the other instruments are cool, all those changing synths.

I give this a yes. :lol:

Yeah I'm gonna let this one squeak by (OH THE POWER!!!) for a couple of reasons. When I heard the beat start, I thought, "great, another super fast techno song." But the snare drum being half as often as you'd expect makes it much more bearable, almost cool. As for the emptiness of it... if you've ever heard the original.... there's not a whole lot to work with. If I had done it, I would have come up with a chord progression that matched up with the melody. Tricky work, but it can be done, and would surprise and enlighten the listeners. But be that as it may, he did a fine job layering and keeping it interesting throughout. Not TOO much repetition. And that intro part with the sub-bass is NOT random. It matches up like so:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Repeat

Listen to it and count that along with it starting from the beginning so the three bolded numbers line up with the first three notes. YOU WILL SEE.

Anyway, yes, solid work. Gets better with more listening. Samples could be better but that's sort of a restriction we all have to work with, so it's no biggie here.

Did I mention I was going to vote yes on this?

DC