Legend of Princess (free fun fangame)

JCvgluvr

As described by the creator:

"I made this one-level arcade interpretation of Zelda for no reason but being a big damn nerd...It's pretty challenging, not tested a whole lot and the gamepad support might be strange on some joypads, I haven't tried it on any but mine.At least now I'm burnt-out on making arcadey action games for a while.

Download it HERE.

It is a kind of love letter to Zelda, my personal favorite game series, both from nostalgia and its often great design. The Legend of Zelda-franchise is obviously a NINTENDO-copyrighted franchise, and this game, while admittedly trying to be like a bootleg Zelda, should not be sold etc., but that goes without saying."

I highly recommend this. Great fun.

No. never reduce the difficulty! I want a Megaman 9 kick-you-in-the-shins-and-steal-your-lunch-money kind of difficult 2D side scrolling Zelda game.

Well actually I could go for Dungeons that aren't so ghastly that you either need to draw your own maps or swing by gamefaqs. And maybe make it so that you don't have to find an unmarked square on the world map in order progress. "GIVE NOTE TO RIVER MAN" my eye...

Ok, so the game could use a little toning down on the difficulty.

No. never reduce the difficulty! I want a Megaman 9 kick-you-in-the-shins-and-steal-your-lunch-money kind of difficult 2D side scrolling Zelda game.

Well actually I could go for Dungeons that aren't so ghastly that you either need to draw your own maps or swing by gamefaqs. And maybe make it so that you don't have to find an unmarked square on the world map in order progress. "GIVE NOTE TO RIVER MAN" my eye...

Ok, so the game could use a little toning down on the difficulty.

Zelda 2... Yikes, it definitely kicked my ass as a child. I actually wouldn't mind taking another swing at it now as I sit here thinking about it. I'll have to give this fan fic game a chance too while I'm at it.