Deadly Creatures

Final_metroid

So has anyone picked this up yet? I'm probably going to get it in the next couple weeks.

Oh, I was also wondering something: did anyone else see that Gametrailers video of the motion capture on the scorpion? I'm just wondering if those moves were really done by the scorpion or if that was their work put in after.

So has anyone picked this up yet? I'm probably going to get it in the next couple weeks.

Oh, I was also wondering something: did anyone else see that Gametrailers video of the motion capture on the scorpion? I'm just wondering if those moves were really done by the scorpion or if that was their work put in after.

That was all hand keyed. There's no way to motion capture a scorpion. That was a pretty funny trailer though.

• 2 weeks later...

I got and finished this game over the weekend. Great game, a lot of fun, and some very epic situations. There are a few glitches, such as a twitchy camera, and some character clipping, but even so, the rest of the game more than makes up for those little issues. Graphically the game is very nice, a good looking Wii title. The animation is really smooth and realistic, and the Scorpion finishing moves are a ton of fun to do, even if there is no penalty for failure during the finishing move. There are some really cool environments too.

The sound design is also excellent, with insects and lizards making loud roars and hisses. The music and background sound really fits the setting. Dennis Hopper and Billy Bob Thornton do a great job as well, creating interesting and menacing characters. The ending is a little anticlimactic, unfortunately. But the journey there is really neat. Definitely worth picking up if you own a Wii and are looking for something a little darker. 7.8/10