"another side story" for Metroid

Ray Falling

The Japanese Metroid site http://metroid.jp/ reports that "another side story" is coming SOON.

Can anyone tell what else the site is saying that may reveal a bit more on what to expect?

"side story" to me would suggest something in the Prime-line of the series, but I, and a lot of other people would surely like to see something fresh as well.

Thoughts?

The 'Wii Box' versions of Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are the 'New Play Control' versions (Notice the top left corner of the box). Seems like Nintendo has quite a few GC games being remade for the Wii with use of the new Wii controller (Pikmin being the most notable).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Play_Control

As for the 'another side story', I didn't find much info on that.

Under the "Another Side Story" heading it says

一スペースパイレーツの視点でたどるメトロイドプライムヒストリー

According to my inexperienced translation ability, I see that as

"One Space Pirate's viewpoint of the Metroid Prime history."

Oh please.

You don't get more money-grubbing than remaking a game with little to no emphasis on controls for Wii. -_-

think about the game pikmin. what better could there be than an interface that allows you to say, choose your pikmin specifically and tell them just where to go instead of with a HUGE GODDAM CIRCLE whistle

i never owned pikmin but i might buy it just cause it seems like it would be really nice that way

Yeah - somehow I doubt this new side-story is going to be anything more than just something they put up on their site. I don't think they would add in a whole new subplot into the game, unless they add in new Pirate lore or something to scan.

What's changed about the Primes for this Wii release that I can see from the low-res videos: 16:9 widescreen support, aiming, firing and locking on in the style of Prime 3, the Prime 3 visor selection system using minus (you think the beam selection will now be handled with plus in that same way?), and possibly slightly better texture resolution(?). Hard to say, but it looked like some of those little red scan points in the video looked a little different (and sharper) than they used to. I'd like to hope, anyway!

Other than that, nobody knows yet! New content and features ARE being added to the Pikmin release, so maybe they'll do the same for Prime. Either way, it's coming out in just a few days in Japan, so maybe we'll know soon. As with anything Metroid, even re-releases - I'll eat it all up.

I'll be keeping my 'Cube copy of Prime even as I buy the new one, simply because my 'Cube copy is one of the original prints with all of the fun sequence-breaking glitches intact.

Thats the only thing that worries me about the new Prime Wii. Are they going to repair all the sequence-breaking glitches? At least Im pretty sure that the Long Space Jump wont be possible anymore. Was it possible in Prime 3? What about Ghetto Jump?

We'll just have to wait and see.

Thats the only thing that worries me about the new Prime Wii. Are they going to repair all the sequence-breaking glitches? At least Im pretty sure that the Long Space Jump wont be possible anymore. Was it possible in Prime 3? What about Ghetto Jump?

We'll just have to wait and see.

I love getting the plasma beam early... But since they fixed that with the Player's choice version (its not my version of choice), it would not be a stretch to say that it will be fixed in this version too.