ReMixer & Composer Merged into "Artist", Change Near-Complete

djpretzel

Compoers that are also remixers then? As long as it's clear what they did when you're on the persons collected profile it's all good. Maybe a sorting options for remixers would make sense so you can see just that?

I DEFINITELY intend to add an option to filter and list ONLY ReMixers or ONLY composers in the future, which hopefully would address this concern.

It's like nobody read my post about spaces in names/hyphens in old html links... meh.

We saw that problem before you posted. :-D But the point isn't that those old style links don't work because of the hyphens, because we're phasing those out anyway. The point is that the old style links are still there and need to be replaced by the new style.

We saw that problem before you posted. :-D But the point isn't that those old style links don't work because of the hyphens, because we're phasing those out anyway. The point is that the old style links are still there and need to be replaced by the new style.

Yes, that's true. honestly not sure why I posted that either, because I really kinda knew/guessed that was why it wouldn't be addressed.

I'll just say... I'm posting just to run further tests on the vBulletin upgrade... yeah, that... (backs away inconspicuously).

http://injury.thasauce.net/sekrit/ocrbroken.jpg

taken from http://www.ocremix.org/artist/4627/shnabubula of course

it scrolls sideways to white space, if i make the browser larger it seems to fix it, but the rounded edges are still funky. It seems to work alright for people that have profile pictures on their artist page, but without it, it seems to be broken. Perhaps a placeholder would fix that.

Yes, i know i'm using ie.

http://injury.thasauce.net/sekrit/ocrbroken.jpg

taken from http://www.ocremix.org/artist/4627/shnabubula of course

it scrolls sideways to white space, if i make the browser larger it seems to fix it, but the rounded edges are still funky. It seems to work alright for people that have profile pictures on their artist page, but without it, it seems to be broken. Perhaps a placeholder would fix that.

Yes, i know i'm using ie.

Cool find. Yeah, confirming this issue in IE as well. Firefox is cool.

http://www.ocremix.org/artist/4556/siamey

So... since I'm not on here very often at all, I'm not sure what all these accounts and such do.

Are our forum accounts and our ReMixer profiles linked or whatnot, and I'm just not seeing it? Am I supposed to go through someone to add my dinky photo? Is Razzles a candy or a gum?

Forum accounts and our ReMixer profiles are linked, yes. Just send the info you need added or the pic(s) you'd like added to admin@ocremix.org and we'll take care of it. :-)

Forum accounts and our ReMixer profiles are linked, yes. Just send the info you need added or the pic(s) you'd like added to admin@ocremix.org and we'll take care of it. :-)

I love Larry Oji.

In other, not related, news.. are you going to be able to acces remixer profile and such from the forum profile of a remixer? it works the other way around but I want both :tomatoface:

I love Larry Oji.

In other, not related, news.. are you going to be able to acces remixer profile and such from the forum profile of a remixer? it works the other way around but I want both :tomatoface:

Dave's gotta do that in his spare time. May be more difficult to do with vB 3.8, but I'm sure he's looking into when he has the time. He can elaborate how easy or difficult it'll be to bring that back.

Dave's gotta do that in his spare time. May be more difficult to do with vB 3.8, but I'm sure he's looking into when he has the time. He can elaborate how easy or difficult it'll be to bring that back.

Sounds good. No rush really, I just noticed many enjoyed this function before. It's definitely not a big issue though, we DO have the sidebar (lolsidebar:nicework:)

EDIT: just thought I'd mention that the wiki still has the old remixer links. I trust this is not top priority but it's worth having in this thread as a reminder.

Had an idea about the new artist pages and ocr albums. Why not have an albums tab for artists that have been involved in a project (or composed for the game remixed)? More work for djp, when he feels like it.

Yeah, man. Definitely doin' it.

I like. But what about people who have been in official albums but don't have a song on the site? Do they get a page too?

I'd like to add them, yes. That would mean they would get Artist profile pages, but wouldn't have ReMixer "status" until an individual ReMix was accepted on the site, creating a distinction but still giving credit where credit is due, which is a good thing.

Life has truly been kicking my ass lately or I'd have more of this shizz done :sleepdepriv: