OverClocked Animation Project

Duokun

Hello OCRemixers, OCRemix members, and OCRemix ninjas (lurkers)!

Recently, I tried my hand in the field of animation using Maple Story styles and designs and felt that my work was quite satisfactory for a beginner. I then decided to combine this new passion with my passion for video game music - more specifically, video game remixes from OCRemix. As such, I chose to uptake a personal endeavor. As listed in the topic title, this endeavor will be known as the OCA Project, or Overclocked Animation Project.

Using strictly songs from OCRemix, I will partake in creating animations with Maple Story styles and designs to attempt to portray my interpretation of the song. I have great hopes for this project and promise to turn up results, no matter how long it will take me to complete an entire song.

I believe that by unspoken demand, people would like to see a sample of my animation style. I recently created an animation as a gift for one of my closest friend's birthday - my first, complete animation. Though I regret to say I cannot share it all due to privacy, I can share a small fraction of it that involves combat that has been tuned to one of OCRemix's very own songs.

The song I used for this combat sequence is "The Secrets of Sosetsuken" by none other than the Sexcellent Sixto Sounds himself!

Though this does not use the entirety of the song, I do hope that it will allow OCRemix to see if my endeavor is something that they will welcome on this site.

The next OCA that I plan on creating is one for Audix and Tweek's "Day's End" Remix of the Mario Kart 64 Credit Roll. I have negotiated this with Audix quite some time ago and will try to complete the OCA for Day's End ASAP.

In the mean time, I would really love some comments. Comments about the idea, comments about the sample video itself, comments about me, anything. Feel free to contact me anytime on AIM, MSN, or via PM right here on OCRemix.

AIM: AkuSiDuo <- (capital i in SiD)

MSN: cbblader@hotmail.com

I hope to hear from OCRemix!

Regards,

Duo

The sound effects came straight from a video game's Data folder, so I don't believe there are any naturally cleaner samples I could have used.

I believe the harsh sound quality on my sound effects comes from me trying to increase their volume to surpass that of the background music, which then resulted in destroying the sound quality in some cases.

Heh, just like Audix, I expected people to pick on my sound effects. This is OCRemix after all :tomatoface:.

I'll see what I can do to revise the issue next time I make a combat scene!

Actually a better title would be [OCA Project] OverClocked Animation Project: A Project in the Making, Episode I - HD Turbo Remix Alpha the First Generation.

It seems like you do not understand the English language very well.

I will repeat then in simpler terms.

If you think my idea is a waste of time and you don't like it, why are you wasting your time posting pointless messages? Unless I'm special to you or something, the attention is mostly unwanted.

If a simple thread title bugs you so much, that should be motivation enough to stay away from it. It's pretty ironic how people give the most attention to the things they dislike the most.

Anyways, planning is somewhat behind for the Day's End animation. I'm continuously revising my storyline. Since I am forcing the challenge of using absolutely no dialogue upon myself, I will have to make sure that my technique portrays the words they replace correctly.

Thematic suggestions are always welcome from Remixers and listeners alike.

EDIT: Thank you to whichever moderator edited my thread title. I am unsure if these forums allow me to do it myself, but if it is a title that a moderator approves of, then it will most likely not cause confusion as to what its intent is.

Wow, Vegas? And I think making my videos takes a while in Vegas; I can't imagine how long animation would take.

I've known people who used Vegas exclusively for making pvp videos... with some neat effects. I gave it a try for some gif animations, and I didn't find it all that fun; Final Cut is IMO easier.

And in regards to just64helpin, I honestly don't think he was attacking your idea, but just having some fun with your original thread title... :/