OCR01052 - Shining Force III "Force of Light"

djpretzel

Ooooh man it is about TIME! I have been waiting for this mix for too long! Two great artists making a trance collab? Now all I need is to bed hot triplets and my life is perfect. Anyway, to the song.

The lack of actual melody is well made up for in absolute awesomeness stemming from these two remixers experience and differing skills. It's funny how you can obviously tell what part of the mix is SGX and what part is FFDJ. The industrialness of the middle section doesn't get me at all, and I absolutely love this whole mix.

I didn't think I could ejaculate in the span of 5 minutes and 50 seconds, but during the course of this song I pulled a rare tri-spooger.

Nice work. :nicework:

Ooooh man it is about TIME! I have been waiting for this mix for too long! Two great artists making a trance collab? Now all I need is to bed hot triplets and my life is perfect. Anyway, to the song.

The lack of actual melody is well made up for in absolute awesomeness stemming from these two remixers experience and differing skills. It's funny how you can obviously tell what part of the mix is SGX and what part is FFDJ. The industrialness of the middle section doesn't get me at all, and I absolutely love this whole mix.

I didn't think I could ejaculate in the span of 5 minutes and 50 seconds, but during the course of this song I pulled a rare tri-spooger.

Wow, that was like the best review ever. hahaha

To clarify, I did most of the drum work and the breakdown section in the middle (after the "S - G - X" Thanks Mae!). Haroon did the rest of the song. It was fun working with Haroon, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

I was gonna say the exact same thing.

Hey SGX, what is the progress on your ICO mix, is it going on OCR?

omg this song==teh own. The only minor gripe/thang i have that i mentioned to sgx before (though he didn't do this part) is the bass around 3:05 i thought was kinda borderline with its intonation, but after a short chit chat shiot i got over that.

I really like the whole thing, especially teh SGX break in the middle and the filterin stuff goin on up to 4:43. And then the move back into the other beat.. just seems fitting. I like it.

Good work guys.

This remix was VERY SWEET. I was working and just listening to the song while working, and after about 30 minutes I realized it was on repeat and just this song was in the playlist. So it kept my enjoyment for 30 minutes without it getting bored at all and I am still listening to it. Fantastic mix you guys.

I am not lying when I say the following:

This is the best ReMix I have heard on this site.

Maybe I'm a bit biased because I'm a Shining Force fanboy. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I've recently become a big trance fan. But when I listen to this ReMix, I get this amazing surge. Not to put down any other ReMixes, but this one is really out there.

On another note, despite being a SF fanboy, I have yet to play SFIII much, mostly due to crappy Saturn emulation and a low-end computer, although I do have the game's OST. Of which theme is this a remix?

On another note, despite being a SF fanboy, I have yet to play SFIII much, mostly due to crappy Saturn emulation and a low-end computer, although I do have the game's OST. Of which theme is this a remix?

I think it's the town theme. I haven't played the game in a long while and my OST mp3's aren't titled, so I can't tell ya for sure. But I think its the town music.

Gripes:

- compressed piano (heavy compression too)... ick...

Grapes (which I do like):

- Nice bass

- Has the necessary energy for a trance piece

- Nice industrial fill to even crank up the energy

the piano was fixed eq wise, but i didnt put any compressors on that baby ... I think

edit: yea I guess there is a compressor stuck to it

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

okay i love electronica/club/tekno and have over 30 pro artists and yet this is one of the most listened too. The the synthetic and piano work is extremley well done (who ever did the piano what grade??). I also love the build up from 1:21 to 1:48.

I have a friend who wishes to make a flash based on this song (i think its fr a fight scene) is there anywhere i can post it when he makes it..?

BlueHook

• 2 years later...

A little compression crazy on that snare sound, but it's interesting that there are a lot of trance elements in a song that has a massive snare like that, and a more involved kick pattern as well. Pretty cool hybrid of styles on display, and though the melody doesn't really stand out much to me, the production and energy certainly does. Super cool distortion-to-nothingness effect and then having the track come back in.

Good stuff, with a collab that I think worked out really well.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01052 - Shining Force III "Force of Light"
  • 3 years later...