Sega "ultimate" Collection

Schwaltzvald

Highly unlikely. There's just no way Sega would do something like that. If they were going to include the full version of one of the best games they ever created, they would have done it right from the get-go. Unfortunately, they foolishly, lazily, and needlessly passed up that chance this time around.

Do your research.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/10/sonics-ultimate-genesis-collection-shipping-this-week/

Next, I wanted to address a question that’s been coming up in the comments lately with regard to this game, and that’s Knuckles. Here’s the scoop from the Producer of the game, Ethan Einhorn. “We’re excited to bring SEGA fans nearly 50 classic games on Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection. We understand that some people have expressed disappointment that the title does not support the ‘Lock-On’ technology featured in the original “Sonic & Knuckles” cartridge, and wanted to provide an explanation for this. Tight development timelines are a production reality, and in this instance, we had to choose between allotting engineering hours, localization, test resources, and front-end (menu) adjustment to support ‘Lock-On’, or dropping several titles from the collection altogether. Specifically, we would have had to drop all of the bonus games from the disc, as they all required unique emulation solutions. Faced with an either/or scenario, we chose to retain our title lineup in its entirety. We hope that everybody enjoys the abundance of content this value-priced collection provides.” I hope that clears up any confusion, even if it wasn’t the answer you were hoping for.

Time restraints, not laziness. Also, they said several games; which I believe gives them enough material for downloadable content. Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Blue Sphere, Toejam and Earl 1 and 2, Gunstar Heroes, and whatever else I can't quite name.

And then next year Sega needs to follow up with a Saturn Collection.

And then next year Sega needs to follow up with a Saturn Collection.

Doubt it. Saturn is hard as eff to emulate. It would take too much effort and money to get that running well. Maybe they'll stick the Panzer Dragoon PC port on one of these collections sometime (it was actually in Panzer Dragoon Orta as an extra), but I don't think any other saturn game is going to show up.

Doubt it. Saturn is hard as eff to emulate. It would take too much effort and money to get that running well. Maybe they'll stick the Panzer Dragoon PC port on one of these collections sometime (it was actually in Panzer Dragoon Orta as an extra), but I don't think any other saturn game is going to show up.

I am well aware that Saturn games are hard to emulate, but doing things like that is what I give Sega money to do. I would give $60 American for a Saturn Collection. I believe that is the general asking price for new video games.

Dreamcast compilations or gtfo. :tomatoface:

Dreamcasts and Dreamcast games are still cheap, and easy to find. On the other hand, Saturn consoles and games are difficult to find. There's no way in hell you'll find a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga at a reasonable price. They could also translate unreleased games while they're at it. Would it be hard work? Of course. Would it get our country out of this recession?

Yes.

I'm really disappointed that the latest rendition did not emulate the "lock-on" technology of Sonic & Knuckles.

I had this pre-ordered, but then decided to just pick it up in store. This new knowledge makes me re-consider.

But... it does have Vectorman...

I really wish it had Rocket Knight Adventures. Friggin Konami, re-release the game please. ><;

I had this pre-ordered, but then decided to just pick it up in store. This new knowledge makes me re-consider.

I really wish it had Rocket Knight Adventures. Friggin Konami, re-release the game please. ><;

The collection is still worth buying.

Time restraints, not laziness. Also, they said several games; which I believe gives them enough material for downloadable content. Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Blue Sphere, Toejam and Earl 1 and 2, Gunstar Heroes, and whatever else I can't quite name.

Is this something you heard or something you assume?

Regardless:

633px-Gman_icame_macro.JPG

Already knew about this, but thanks for assuming I didn't. We all like to feel superior sometimes, don't we?

Lover of Sonic games, I may be, but I still recognize Sega's bullcrap when I see it. Sonic Mega Collection Plus was released in 1Q 2007. You actually believe that, in 2 years, they didn't have the time to once again implement the lock-on technology they'd already previously emulated into 2 separate, older games?! Surely you aren't so niave? So trusting?

Lover of Sonic games, I may be, but I still recognize Sega's bullcrap when I see it. Sonic Mega Collection Plus was released in 1Q 2007. You actually believe that, in 2 years, they didn't have the time to once again implement the lock-on technology they'd already previously emulated into 2 separate, older games?! Surely you aren't so niave? So trusting?

Is it bad that I've never cared enough to play as Knuckles except in S&K way back then and now..? Other then that the recent collection edition hasn't bothered nor disappointed me in the least. :lol:

Kinda interesting they left out Sonic CD, ah well I got a friend who just gave me the sonic gems collection for the GC. :)!!

...ROMs...emulation...

shhh anytime someone mentions the R and E words, especially both in a post, the ugly from the anti-rom/emulation crowd comes out and gets agitated worse than a severely queasy lactose intolerant guy that ate a block of cheese... :lol:

Plus that's my fall back whenever "official" products are unavailable. :lol:

I can't believe some of you are bitching about this game.

There's 49 games on here for $30. Jesus Christ so there's one game YOU wanted that isn't on here, fuckin deal with it. Play one of the other 49.

If you want Sonic 3 & Knuckles so bad, buy a Genesis and play it, in the meantime just enjoy what they released and realize that it's an AMAZING collection at an even MORE amazing value.

God knows if they release a 2nd Collection people will bitch that they're just milking their franchises and it should've all been on the first release...

Some people are just never content.

There's 49 games on here for $30. Jesus Christ so there's one game YOU wanted that isn't on here, fuckin deal with it. Play one of the other 49.

If you want Sonic 3 & Knuckles so bad, buy a Genesis and play it, in the meantime just enjoy what they released and realize that it's an AMAZING collection at an even MORE amazing value.

God knows if they release a 2nd Collection people will bitch that they're just milking their franchises and it should've all been on the first release...

Some people are just never content.

I know what you mean as I'm enjoying it, but man are some of the assholes in the first streets of rage kicking my ass... Or maybe I just suck at side scrolling beatem ups :lol:

Is this something you heard or something you assume?

I'm assuming. DLC is the new standard.

Already knew about this, but thanks for assuming I didn't. We all like to feel superior sometimes, don't we?

Considering that this collection was done by a Backbone, a completely different developer than Sega Mega Collection (Sonic Team), and The Sega Genesis Collection (Eclipse), I'm can understand them having trouble with emulating S3&K. I'm giving Backbone the benefit of a doubt in believing what they're saying as the truth. There is no criminal conspiracy involving S3&K. This is a game developer, not a politician.

I can't believe you're defending something that so clearly doesn't deserve it, and are providing such a poor counter. Could you sound any more fanboyish at this point?

Hmm, I guess you could. Did you even bother to get past the first few sentences of mine and others' posts? Okay, fine. Let's say I go out of my way to acquire this now-ancient system with its equally ancient software. Let's say it all works (which, in and of itself, is quite a large gamble nowadays). Does it let me play S3&K in widescreen? Does it let me get achievements, thus giving me a new way to play? NO! Yet I can do that with your precious other 49 games. Why not my favorite game? The answer: Sega wants to cash in on the casual market, putting forth as little effort as possible in the process. And people like you and me have to pay for their half-heartedness (either with cash, which would be a waste for me and any S3&K fan, or with disappointment and abstinence).

Considering that this collection was done by a Backbone, a completely different developer than Sega Mega Collection (Sonic Team), and The Sega Genesis Collection (Eclipse), I'm can understand them having trouble with emulating S3&K.

What about the Sonic & Knuckles release on the PC? What about Sonic Jam? If those separate developers can both achieve success in this area, why can't Backbone? Are they less capable? Do they lack the technology (that's been available for over 10 years now)? Perhaps they simply don't possess the know-how, and are incapable of attaining it from past companies? Maybe the developers who gave us Sonic Jam, S&KPC, The Sega Genesis Collection, and Sonic Mega Collection (and the Plus versions) all had more time than Backbone did?

You're going to great lengths to make your argument work. Too bad any intelligent person would see that those lengths stray too far into the "ignorantly fanatical" territory.

I'm giving Backbone the benefit of a doubt in believing what they're saying as the truth. There is no criminal conspiracy involving S3&K. This is a game developer, not a politician.

Must you use exaggeration to make your point? It's quite unnecessary, and doesn't make your case any more believable.

win....I peed my pants when you said that:nicework:

I agree with JCvgluvrabout the lock on technol....ooo 48 other games to play.

Wow JCvgluvr, you are going absolutey batshit insane that S3&K isn't included yet you're calling ME a fanboy?

What am I a fanboy about? Value?

I wasn't a Sega boy growing up. I was a Super Nintendo owner. I do not have a hard on for Sonic 3 & Knuckles like you do. If there is a fanboy here, you definitely fit the bill.

I see this as a massive collection of some pretty good games (and some not) for a damn good price. That is reason enough for me to have bought the game and enjoyed it.

If somebody refuses to buy this over the omission of one game, they're the overdramatic fanboy who needs to chill the fuck out.

By the way, to kill your dream a little more:

The widescreen sucks...the bordered full screen looks better.

also, it's ONE ACHIEVEMENT PER GAME, if they even get one.

Chill out, calm down and shut the fuck up.