Sega "ultimate" Collection

Schwaltzvald

JCvgluvr:

You're also free to not buy the game. If lack of S3&K really pisses you off that much, simply do not purchase the collection.

Alternatively, if you find that the 49 other games for $30 is a good enough value, go ahead and buy it, but refuse to buy S3&K for $300 or whatever when it eventually does get released (which you seem to take for granted that it will).

Alternatively, if you love S3&K that much, buy it for $300 when it does come out. But don't bitch and moan about how it's all a conspiracy and the game isn't worth that much and etc etc.

Fact: The Sega Ultimate Collection does not include S3&K.

Fact: It was never stated that S3&K was included in the Sega Ultimate Collection, and you are forewarned that it is not.

Thus: With this knowledge, either buy the Sega Ultimate Collection or don't. But don't rant about how you're entitled to have HD widescreen achievement-filled S3&K on your PS3/360. Because you're not.

Pre-made achievements are for the casuals, real players made up their own achievements and recorded them on the old VCR that once in a while would "eat" said recorded achievements. :lol:

I remember I would try to turbo-turd out at least 5 chaos emeralds in 2 acts if I could help it on Sonic 2

Get all 7 by chemical plat. 'weet.

Get all 7 by chemical plat. 'weet.

I cheated on Sonic 2. I would play only the first act, and before I went through the finish, I would get as many rings, and go through all the posts to to play for an emerald. Then I would reset the Genesis, play the first act again, and eventually have all the emeralds. for some reason hitting reset restarted the game, but kept how many emeralds you had won.

I miss that ol' game.....sure doesn't work when it's disc based lol.

Has everybody's intellectual integrity dropped several points during the last few years? Nobody understands why I was arguing? Nobody?!

The honest truth is, I don't care nearly as much as you people assume I do. I went on eBay over a week ago and purchased Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the Xbox. I'll be running thru Mushroom Hill Zone soon after I type this.

IT'S THE FRICKING PRINCIPLE OF THE THING!!!

Let me outline it for you guys, since everybody seems to have forgotten how arguments work. I make a point. John Doe (and his supporters) make a counter point. In this case, I settled the matter, and neither he nor anybody else could provide a proper rebuttal. So you know what comes next?

"Hey JC, I guess you're right. Maybe they should have included S3&K after all. I suppose I was wrong."

But none of you possess a personality humble enough to say that, do you? It's all about e-peen size with everyone...I can say, quite honestly, that I would admit being wrong, had I been wrong about the matter. (Trust me, I have in the past, on this very forum). But not only has everyone failed to disprove me, but they've utilized circular reasoning in the process, which is a pitiful example of failure! And so the best thing you can come up with, is namecalling and "brilliant" solutions like "dont bi teh gamez"?! :roll:

Bottom line, S3&K should have been on this collection, and nobody has a good reason for why it isn't, especially Sega/Backbone/who-fricking-ever. Don't get all huffy at me because I proved you wrong. It's horribly immature. joe_cam, I hope you're reading this...maybe you'll actually learn something...>_>

You guys don't know how to argue.

Here's three points that you fail to accept. Since you obviously can't read I put them into laymen's terms for you.

Sure they do. Its all about the bottom line. Which as of late hasn't been looking all that good. So they'll release this, and then they'll come out with Collection II. Have to milk it all for what it can be worth to them.

...So mebbe there'll be another game collection soon to follow like other Sega collections...

For those of you down about the lack of S3&K (I know I am), there's always the possibility of downloadable content.

...Or mebbe we could download some off live or PSN in the near future...

Do your research.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/10/sonics-ultimate-genesis-collection-shipping-this-week/

Time restraints, not laziness. Also, they said several games; which I believe gives them enough material for downloadable content. Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Blue Sphere, Toejam and Earl 1 and 2, Gunstar Heroes, and whatever else I can't quite name.

And then next year Sega needs to follow up with a Saturn Collection.

...ran out of time because and would've killed several other games straight off the project and broad variety means appeals to more people = $$$...

If you wanna complain, at least follow yer own damn rules:

Make a point. John Doe (and his supporters) make a counter point.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

...So mebbe there'll be another game collection soon to follow like other Sega collections...

But does that solve the problem that I'm talking about right now? No. My point still stands.

...Or mebbe we could download some off live or PSN in the near future...

I would think it's more likely that they'll release Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as separate releases, as it's more likely that people played them that way. So I don't think your expectation is likely. But I won't say anymore than that.

...ran out of time because and would've killed several other games straight off the project and broad variety means appeals to more people = $$$...

And every other company had more time than they did? You've got to be joking! I really, really do doubt that this reason they spit out is actually true. It's simply a statement of appeasement, and nothing more.

If you wanna complain, at least follow yer own damn rules:

Oh, but I do. I already explained that. Pay attention, or don't talk to me, it's that simple...

Now go ahead guys, make some other remark or something against me. You only do it because you can't prove me wrong. Or, you could admit I'm right, and stop supporting Sega like blind idiots. Wouldn't that be great?

But does that solve the problem that I'm talking about right now? No. My point still stands.

So you were looking for an instantaneous solution? My friend that is unreasonable to request of a company merely searching for profits based on ancient famed titles. Marketing beat out special interest.

I would think it's more likely that they'll release Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as separate releases, as it's more likely that people played them that way. So I don't think your expectation is likely. But I won't say anymore than that.

Your opinion > My opinion, based on speculation? Excellent technique....

And every other company had more time than they did? You've got to be joking! I really, really do doubt that this reason they spit out is actually true. It's simply a statement of appeasement, and nothing more.

And what empirical evidence do you have to back up your side of all of this. I have the story (thxs NNY) that supports my side and you just have personal attacks because no-one agree's with your childish behavior.

Don't talk to me, it's that simple...

Edited for benefit of others here

Man, there's some fucked up people (person) on these boards...

At least there's also a good amount of sane people (everybody else) as well.

Whinybitchbitch's favorite game on here or not, this collection was totally worth the $30. Good to play so many games I missed the first time around by not owning a Genesis.

Pretty easy to 1000/1000 the achievements too.

So you were looking for an instantaneous solution? My friend that is unreasonable to request of a company merely searching for profits based on ancient famed titles. Marketing beat out special interest.

But that's my point! The fact that they're searching for profits, thus giving them the idea that they don't need to present a quality product is simply maddening! But do you know what's worse? People like you think it's okay! You support their laziness with your own money! And people wonder why most of Sega's games are pitiful nowadays...

Your opinion > My opinion, based on speculation? Excellent technique....

I guess I wasn't clear here. I knew I had no objective basis here, and I thought you could see that in the context. Oh well, know you know. I understand that part of my post was nothing but opinion, so I don't expect you or anyone else to share it. No problem here.

And what empirical evidence do you have to back up your side of all of this. I have the story (thxs NNY) that supports my side and you just have personal attacks because no-one agree's with your childish behavior.

I have past evidence. Every other developer who ever went to the trouble to put Sonic 3 & Knuckles in [insert name of past collection here] surely didn't have more that 2 years to do it? Am I right? Now, along comes Backbone. They get 2 years for the current collection, just like everyone else. What makes their case so special? Because they included a few more shovelware crap titles in this collection? Big fricking deal. So, yes, I tend to observe years of past experience over a simple blog created by one guy. Call me crazy...:roll:

Edited for benefit of others here

That's a real talent you got there. I'm in awe!

Alright, I'm done. I've made my point. You've all continued to stay ignorant. Good luck with that, and go fatten up Sega's lazy rump some more! *thumbs up*

The fact that they're searching for profits, thus giving them the idea that they don't need to present a quality product is simply maddening!

The lack of one single title means this isn't a quality product?

You seriously need to drop this issue and shut up already. Don't buy the game if your one single game isn't on here. But in the meantime, quit shitting on a product that the majority of us actually like and feel is worth the money. The only thing you're doing here is making yourself look like an ignorant fool and a total asshole.

I've never seen somebody make it a point to whine as much as they could over the omission of one single game on a compilation disc.

I also love that you call Sega games pitiful. I'm personally quite interested in getting my hands on MADWORLD, not to mention how awesome the new House of the Dead is. But wait, neither of them have Sonic 3 & Knuckles on them, so they're obviously utter shit.

I'm done arguing with a brick wall. I gotta stop feeding the trolls.

But that's my point! The fact that they're searching for profits, thus giving them the idea that they don't need to present a quality product is simply maddening! But do you know what's worse? People like you think it's okay! You support their laziness with your own money! And people wonder why most of Sega's games are pitiful nowadays...

[...]

Alright, I'm done. I've made my point. You've all continued to stay ignorant. Good luck with that, and go fatten up Sega's lazy rump some more! *thumbs up*

Your arguments and/or comments here don't speak well on your behalf. You're getting angry, and not arguing with rationality. It isn't a matter of laziness, it's a matter of quantity and nostalgia. Most people don't purchase this for a single title, they would purchase this for several titles they remember playing drunkenly in arcades, or on their Genesis when everyone else their age had friends to go play ball with, or when they finally made other gamer friends.

No matter how good a single game is, it does not outweigh the sheer quantity of this title. They could have put it in, sure. But then it would have been more expensive, not cater to the average gamer and what they're willing to pay for retro games.

You also talk about Sonic Team's failure as if they are the only ones keeping Sega alive. House of the Dead, Madworld, Phantasy Star Portable, Monkey Ball, and the Iron Man games were all Sega too, and all have done well or have a strong cult following.

For the sake of your argument, don't respond to this until/if you've distanced yourself from the argument. As of right now, you seem to be saying that a collection of 40+ classic games is not worth $30. When they were new, each of these games would cost at least that, and eat up (about) 60x as much physical space as this disk and packaging. This collection of 40+ games for $30 isn't a a worthwhile buy because one game isn't on there. I fail to see your logic.

As of right now, you seem to be saying that a collection of 40+ classic games is not worth $30. When they were new, each of these games would cost at least that, and eat up (about) 60x as much physical space as this disk and packaging. This collection of 40+ games for $30 isn't a a worthwhile buy because one game isn't on there. I fail to see your logic.

That's because he speaks in crazy angry fanboy about everything.

That means anything he says is "fact" and everything anyone else says is an unfounded "opinion".

I really wish this was coming out on the wii, but I'm pretty sure that's been mentioned somewhere in this thread before. I'll just have to wait till my guy gets a PS3...and then mercilessly harass him until he buys this for us to play together. (Also, the Ecco Games on it better have the original mega drive music, but it won't be any skin off my nose if it isn't, just disappointing).