Underrated Game Soundtracks

WillRock

Super Adventure Island

Quoted for empahsis.

I'm waiting for someone to cover the beach music with a real saxophone.

Also, I'd say that Chuck Rock had a pretty good soundtrack as well....

I would say something about Mischeif Makers, but I don't really recall much from the soundtrack...

And Nekofrog, I beat you on Plok! earlier.

Why hasn't anybody covered this song yet? Or Plok's House or the Beach Music? WHY?!!!!

And Ecco the Dolphin. Specifically this song fro Tides of time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2CloB_vbCU

I remember Sadorf was doing a remix of that a long time ago, but I guess he never submitted it to OCR I thought he had but can't find it. :S

I know I've seen the finished version somewhere online, I only have wips of it though (I liked the wips better ehe...)

I remember Sadorf was doing a remix of that a long time ago, but I guess he never submitted it to OCR I thought he had but can't find it. :S

I know I've seen the finished version somewhere online, I only have wips of it though (I liked the wips better ehe...)

There are a couple...

But they lack the frantic energy of the song, and the level it's taken from.

I almost pissed myself the first time I saw Medusa in that game.

*delurks*

I really liked the music from the SNES game Spindizzy Worlds. It's this odd sort of groove thing. The title track's kind of exhausting, but try listening in around the 6 minute mark here for one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i_320DA0Ic

Secret of Evermore doesn't get enough credit either. I used to stand around in different areas with the TV turned up just to listen to the songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YMEu9aO8QA

• 2 weeks later...
(ABOUT THE PLOK BOSS THEME): Am I the only one who expected to hear Donna Summer start singing at 1:36?

'Ooooooh it's so good, it's so good, it's so good, it's sooooo goooooooood...'

Holy hell, that's an utter ode to Mr Moroder if I've ever heard one!!! Love it.

Ahem, well...

A complete and utter YES to Jazz Jackrabbit. I want Alexander Brandon to have my babies. You know, if I had a uterus and stuff. The music in those games are god-like.

Also a big fat yes to Lords of Thunder. Man... great game to boot, but that soundtrack is amazing. Think Dracula Battle-like stuff, and you're almost there.

OK... here's my two-cents:

*Cyber Speedway/Gran Chaser for the Saturn. But not the horrid hillbilly shit from the US release, oh no. The amazing Synth tunes by one of my favourites, Koji Hayama, that appear in the Euro/JAP versions, win hands down. Some awesome melodies to be sure. I'll make sure to link you peoples to these as soon as I'm able to, as Youtube has next to nothing on this.

*Skeleton Warriors of the SAT/PSX also had a brilliant score by none other than Mr. Tommy Tallarico. For what was a fun, if very average title, the music really lifts the game. Makes it almost playable. Ah hell... I like the game anyways.

*Exhumed/Powerslave on the Saturn had one of the greatest scores I think I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing- game or not. The Egyptian feel throughout is utterly captivating... some stunning melodies to be found here. And the percussion is incredibly authentic... as are the vocal elements. Again, it's just ANOTHER Tommy Tallarico classic that has been left out in the cold. The game also appeared on the PSX and PC, but I haven't played either of those versions, so I can't say if the soundtrack is the same, though I can't see why it wouldn't be. Great game too, the Saturn version anyways. Needs way more love... I've never met anyone who can even recall this soundtrack.

The credits theme 'Isis Dreams':

Fast forward to 2:14... a little hard to hear, but my favourite track from the game:

*Any of the Toshinden games. Average games, but awesome scores. Not typical of the almost Eurobeat stylings of most of the score from BAT: Remix on the Saturn, this exclusive track was nonetheless quite a coup back in the day for Saturn owners like me. Your link to utter awesomeness awaits...

BEHOLD THE GREATNESS...

That about does me for now... I'll sift through my collection at home when I get a chance to offer up more recommendations.