Help me test my new web hosting!

Dafydd

(To the staff: move this to another forum if it doesn't belong here. If this whole thing conflicts with the content policy in any way, please tell me in what way and how to address this.)

Hey guys

I recently got myself new web hosting and would like your help to test it. I have uploaded nearly all OCRemixes to it, except 1701-1800 (I'm waiting for the new torrent). The server is located in Germany, so transfer speeds should be better for European users (than for US ones and than what European users typically get from the US servers). If you want to help out but would rather download something else, please read the edit at the bottom of this post.

Please grab one or two mixes, whichever ones you like, even if you already have them, and tell me

1. What country you're downloading from
  2. What download speed you're getting
  3. What download speed you typically get from OCR's official mirrors.

Thanks for your help!

OCR MIRROR LINK

EDIT: Some people have reported the download speed "accelerates" as they download. I have uploaded a larger file (a zipped album of free music made by a few friends of mine) that you can try downloading instead: Stay Ali - Music for Men. Let it finish and listen to the music, or cancel the download once the download speed appears to have stopped "accelerating". If the download stops somewhere halfway, let me know!

What country you're downloading from : Ireland

What download speed you're getting : ~135kb/s, but topped out to 150kb/s just before completition

What download speed you typically get from OCR's official mirrors : from ocmirror.org it floats around 105kb/s but slowed down to 99 around the last quarter

On a 36Mbps wireless connection if that helps you out as well.

• 1 month later...