OCR00209 - Legend of Zelda "The Music of My Groin"

m68030

For it's time? This mix has revolutionized video game reinterpretation for decades to come! Possibly even centuries!

If anything, we should lock down all the other garbage on this site because really, comparatively speaking, all the rest is crap. (Except the Recapitated songs, which were 'aight.)

For the record, I want Shael to have my babies. Thousands of them.

<3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the point. This is like something my brothers and I would come up with on a tedious road trip inspiring ridiculous persiflage. I don't understand why this remix is still available for download on OCR, as it appears an outlier in terms of quality on the lower end of the spectrum, and unsuitable for a site that has been rapidly growing in prestige over the years. I hope that this, and other extremely distasteful remixes, will be removed shortly in favor of maintaining a more distinguished and credible atmosphere. Let such remixers post on the sites that support and cherish such assorted detritus, such as OverLooked ReMiX.

Well, they have in the past initiated lockdowns, going through all the remixes to find what was low quality / midi sequences + drums or the like, I seem to recall. Who knows.

But... I think that the old remixes serve as a nice marker to show how far this site has come in regards to sonic and arrangement quality.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sorry, but I just don't get the point. This is like something my brothers and I would come up with on a tedious road trip inspiring ridiculous persiflage. I don't understand why this remix is still available for download on OCR, as it appears an outlier in terms of quality on the lower end of the spectrum, and unsuitable for a site that has been rapidly growing in prestige over the years. I hope that this, and other extremely distasteful remixes, will be removed shortly in favor of maintaining a more distinguished and credible atmosphere. Let such remixers post on the sites that support and cherish such assorted detritus, such as OverLooked ReMiX.

Nigga, plz. :lol:

Say it with me, "THIS IS HERE TO STAY." :tomatoface:

• 4 weeks later...
I can't believe the influx of nublets coming to the site and hating on this track.

Anyone who cant see the brilliance in this track and then feels its nessecary to talk trash needs to be made sterile.

Get a life detractors.

So very true, this song is jst a classic! and as such the young ones should pay respect to their elders!

I'm not hating, but just trying to make sense of what's going on.

Basically, this track made it through the OcRemoval purges because it's lol?

It's also weird that this track is here because of classic nonsense but unmod is gone because of classic nonsense.

Again, not hating, but double-standards make me go :\

I'm not hating, but just trying to make sense of what's going on.

Basically, this track made it through the OcRemoval purges because it's lol?

It's also weird that this track is here because of classic nonsense but unmod is gone because of classic nonsense.

Again, not hating, but double-standards make me go :\

There is no double standard and it didn't survive lockdown because it's fun nonsense.

It's here because, for its time, it was a creative enough, interpretive enough arrangement compared to the original NES theme. Lockdown was about removing submissions violations, not applying a current standards bar to older ReMixes. It was never even at risk for Lockdown, and neither were a lot of older, less developed ReMixes from the old days. This isn't going anywhere.

• 10 months later...

Love the trippy opening notes - it's like they're playing the theme half-drunk and half-asleep. The bouncy, cheese-flavored strums match the singing in exuberance and melodic zest. Lyrics are clear on the first listen, although the backup at 0:22 sounds like "the sound of my groooaaan" (but it's still fun like the background noises). While smell, sight, and sound are covered, it seems comparisons in taste and touch are better left to the imagination. Repeating the last syllable at the end proudly drives the groin home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To all the haters of this song:

I remember when I was a wee lad of about 13

I loved to play Zelda:LTTP on my SNES,

and for some reason or another...

...I don't know if it was the pink hair

or the constipated look on his face when

trying to lift ANYTHING (vases even)...

I always felt that link reminded me of

a walking, talking (or grunting) penis.

In that respect, I feel that Link should

indeed remind us all of the mighty groin.

Amen.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00209 - Legend of Zelda "The Music of My Groin"