OCR01053 - Chrono Trigger "Zeal Love"

djpretzel

If you ask me, this is the best Zeal remix from all Zeal remixes at ocremix.org

That instrument which plays those main notes from 0:43 to end, has some static which spoils the remix a little bit or it's my Grado SR-80 headphones. :(

I like this so much that I put it to my favorites. 8)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is very emotional. Great job applying a new chord progression to the often-remixed Zeal theme. The distorted piano does work very well as djp stated, which is not usually the case. The slight waiting at some points on the attack of the piano adds great feel. This has a unique style, and perhaps is one of the more creative of the Zeal mixes out there.

Blue

• 4 weeks later...

This is a song that just completely went under-the-radar for me. I was only browsing the site today when I stumbled upon it and realized I didn't recognize the name.

This is easily the best Zeal remix out there. It isn't overdone, it isn't grinding, and it isn't melodramatic.

What it is is highly emotional, but in a subtle way that doesn't cause you to weep openly when you listen to it. I guess the best way to describe it would be melancholy-- kind of like drifting memories of the once-glorious-yet-now-fallen Zeal Kingdom.

That's the way I want to think of Zeal, and that is the element that this mix so perfectly captures.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I don't like a lot of the Zeal remixes....not sure why, but they just don't grab me. This one on the otherhand....what can I say but superb? This remix conveys the emotion and grandeur most people seem to associate with Time Circuits, and, like When All Hope Has Faded, it does so by combining traditional and electronic instrument manipulation. Can't go past this one.

*WARNING* more emotional individuals may need a tissue or two at hand when listening to this one - I kid you not. This track moved me, almost to tears when I let my imagination start running about what it could pair up with visually.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unipulator, this is simply great stuff. i think it takes balls to distort the piano, and the risk pays off. the first few chords are a little rough, but 30 seconds later i have forgotten all about it as i drift off into OCR bliss. this is a premier(sp?) example of why this site exists so please Uni, keep up the good work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zeal Love stays in perfect harmony with its predecessor. It never sways away from the original melody. If you liked the Orignal, then there is no doubt that you will absolutely love this version. This is what i believe can be the successor of the original piece. This is very very passionate music here.

• 5 months later...

YOU CAN FEEL THE LOOOVE DUDES, ZEAL LOOVE!!!! :D:P:tomatoface:

The very irritating fact that there´s a million Zeal mixes really puts me in my bad mood, but I can´t withstand the power of love. :wink:

Anyhow, great mix, very funky and groovy, actually hippie-style man. The piano was great along with the looping synth at the back, and distortion thingie, didn´t bother me.

This would be the number one track at OCRemix Love Collection Album, trust me.

I downloaded this mix a few days ago and I still can't get it out of my head, Zeal has always been one of my favorite video game songs, but this take on it made me appreciate it in a whole new light. The distorted piano is very artistic, and at times very emotional, thepiece as a whole is just beautiful, one of the best pieces I've heard on the site so far, this one is definitely staying on my playlist. Keep up the good work!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This has always been my favorite take on "Corridors of Time", with "Electric Clouds" coming in a close second. Some people reacted negatively to the distorted piano, but I feel that the song wouldn't be the same without it. When it's first introduced, everything except for the percussion and a pad is taken away. Eventually, the other synths come in again to create a truly bitersweet sound.

I first listened to this mix about two years ago, when I first discovered the site. It was a relatively rough time in my life, and I would often listen to this mix, as well as many others. Anyway, time went on and it's been a couple years since I've listented to it.

Just five minutes ago, I decided to listen to it again, and I was completely overwhelmed with a feeling of nostalgia. In my opinion, the fact that this remix brought up old memories and emotions is proof that video game music and remixes are a form of music that is just as powerful as any other.

• 3 weeks later...

i love this mix almost as much as i hate it... in '03 i dated a young man who said he made this and many other oc remixes. he was lying, of course, and the betrayal hurts to this day because every time i hear one of those songs the pain returns. this particular song was 'our' song. i can't even listen to it anymore, haven't been able to since, but it's so beautiful... every so often i have to torture myself with it.

and i don't care what any of those other losers say. :wink: (i kid, i kid - some of those 'losers' are the big names around here) but i like the distorted piano. emotional acid reflux aside, this is my favorite zeal remix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01053 - Chrono Trigger "Zeal Love"