Mega Man 2 - Wily 1 -- For You - Vox Mix

AkumajoBelmont

still having PC woes... which should be alleviated in a few weeks. Planning on getting a new laptop (hopefully an Alienware M17 :D ), and transferring all my stuff from my current PC to my new one. Won't be much longer, I promise :D A full release is gonna have to wait though... :D

^_^ I hope everythings going smoothly with your PC troubles.. They can be so finicky sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okies, I still haven't gotten around to fixing my old PC yet, but I thought I'd record the track from my iPod (it's not line-in, don't worry :D ), and put it up. It'll do for now, I apoligize for any sound issues or whatev. It's pretty much finished, apart from some balancing, effects and stuff to do, but apart from that, it's pretty much done. Enjoy.

Edit: It'd help if I put up the link...

http://www.box.net/shared/i54tmv3c9q

It's nice to finally see an update on this! It's sounding great! The last portion of the song is sounding a lot fuller now compared to that last update (from what I can remember of it). I like the high pitched synth that I hear in the background (I think that is new, yes?). It adds a bit more depth to the instrumentation. I'll have to go back and listen to the previous WIP to pick out all the other differences, but overall it's sounding great!

Same thing I thought when I first heard the piece....excellent song, everythings great....only one problem.....the auto-tune thats straining like hell to keep some of those vox in line sound awful.

I know you've already said "It'll be too much work" but seriously, if you've already put that much work in it..then you need to either loosen up the automatic settings on auto-tune or just go through and manually do it as it's just complete crap when you hear it bending like it does, which sucks because your voice goes nice in this song besides that.

Oh well, good luck if you ever submit this.

Same thing I thought when I first heard the piece....excellent song, everythings great....only one problem.....the auto-tune thats straining like hell to keep some of those vox in line sound awful.

I know you've already said "It'll be too much work" but seriously, if you've already put that much work in it..then you need to either loosen up the automatic settings on auto-tune or just go through and manually do it as it's just complete crap when you hear it bending like it does, which sucks because your voice goes nice in this song besides that.

10 chars ("10 chars" sadly is not enough). For the most part it works for me but there are a few segments where it's more obvious.

Does sound nice though, with the new synth addition in the chorus.

• 2 months later...
Actually, I just realised I think I lost all my vocal files... SHIT! I may have to do a complete re-record! The music is all intact, but all my vox files are gone. Aw crap.

Seriously Man! - The Last WIP was pure gold! There is no chance it would get rejected by the Judges panel

And If you want to work on it to simply add more (Theres no room for improvement lol everything is sound!) then I say stop, because it may end up too cluttered if you get me.

I say put it forward...

Seriously Man! - The Last WIP was pure gold! There is no chance it would get rejected by the Judges panel

And If you want to work on it to simply add more (Theres no room for improvement lol everything is sound!) then I say stop, because it may end up too cluttered if you get me.

I say put it forward...

Ditto. I really don't think that there's a lot more you could do to make this sound better. I think you should sub it already.

Ditto. I really don't think that there's a lot more you could do to make this sound better. I think you should sub it already.

You reckon? Wasn't gonna add more, but was just gonna clean it up... but if it sounds ok to go, then maybe yeah. I'll try post a cleaner version of the last WIP up then... not today though, maybe tomorrow when I get home from work! Sweet :D

• 3 weeks later...

Also eagerly waiting for this on the main page. Heck, I'd pay for a 320kbps copy.

After playing WIP6 for a friend she reminded me about a Staind song of the same name: For You, from Breaking The Cycle, 2001. Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_You_(Staind_song) I don't know if using a similar title is an issue seeing how "for you" is a common phrase. I think it's fine, ...just ya know, ...passin' it along.

Finish whatcha gotta and submit it! :razz:

EDIT: Linkin Park and Three Doors Down both had songs called Runaway.

Man - this is probably (almost certainly) a pass. It's freakin' awesome, dude! Someone down there (too lazy to find it) said this sounds like the Pet Shop Boys - I'd say this is better. I honestly can't think of any critique, so all I'll say is - I can't wait to see this on the front page!

• 3 weeks later...