NOTICE: Forums Upgraded to vBulletin 3.8.1

djpretzel

NOTICE: Our forums have been upgraded to vBulletin version 3.8. At least initially, many of the new features have been disabled, since we just want to make sure everything's working properly. On member profile pages the ability to add friends and post visitor messages (I know, big whoop... but could be useful at times) should work properly.

Please report any issues here, specifically with regards to errors and permissions (things you should be able to do and can't AND vice versa). When posting errors please include the following:

• The exact error message (screenshot if possible!)
  • Your browser/version and OS/version
  • What you were trying to do
  • Anything else you think is relevant

Thanks all - we'd been dragging our feet on this for a long while and finally I just decided that we need to move forward even if things hadn't been 110% tested. Hopefully that was the right call - your assistance is appreciated!

Nice work, Mr. Pretzel. :)

In addition, I want to point out that there are some new features available in vB 3.8 that you will undoubtedly discover, and that some folks will undoubtedly complain about. I'd ask that people please peruse their User Control Panel and look at what's new and what kind of options you can change.

For example, you can now send people friend requests, similar to Facebook and MySpace. It's a fairly harmless feature and there's no point in disabling it, but be aware that email notifications for friend requests are automatically enabled. You can easily change this in your User CP! Make sure you poke around and look at all the options available to you before thinking about posting a nasty complaint. ;)

Also, is the User CP, FAQs etc buttons supposed to be just orange text on white background? It's ugly and I miss the tabs :3

Screenshot: screenshot.jpg

System: Mac OS X 10.4.11 with Firefox 3.0.6

Wasn't quite tabs... more like.. "buttons".

oldforumthing.gif

Using Chrome in Windows and it's the same for me as it is for AnSo (not surprisingly).

The fix should be just a minor addition to CSS and perhaps a little extra addition to the vbulletin html generation code.

Also, is the User CP, FAQs etc buttons supposed to be just orange text on white background? It's ugly and I miss the tabs :3

Screenshot: screenshot.jpg

System: Mac OS X 10.4.11 with Firefox 3.0.6

That's what mine looked like the first time I visited the forums, but within a few minutes everything started appearing as normal. I'm using the same Firefox version on vista. Might be a cache issue or something. :?

Here's another issue, if you look at the browser window, you might notice (or maybe it's just me), that there's a scroll bar at the bottom of the browser window. Any ideas as to why it's doing this?

Rather...why the "table" for the posts seems to not resize to fit the screen.

Here's another issue, if you look at the browser window, you might notice (or maybe it's just me), that there's a scroll bar at the bottom of the browser window. Any ideas as to why it's doing this?

Rather...why the "table" for the posts seems to not resize to fit the screen.

well on this page, anso's pictures are doing it

is it happening on other pages too?

The User CP says I have 5 new notifications which are very old private messages that are still in my box. Not anything major, just a little inconvienent. Oh, my actual new PM count is what it is supposed to be.

I get the same thing. Also, everything on OCR is very slooooooooow for me suddenly. I can hardly load a page completely.

Haven't heard this from anyone else and can't repeat it myself. Just in the forums, or everywhere? Could be cache or ISP related, i.e. specific to you...

Yeah, must have been cache related, if I was the only one who experienced it. It's gone now though, so all is well. Keep up the good work!