Chrono Trigger Video Tribute

Joliver12x

Well, I think you have the right idea in terms of believing your work is good. Any artist needs that kind of faith in their own abilities in order to persevere in the face of negative comments. As long as you can dismiss criticism you feel is not constructive and focus on relevant criticism, you should be fine in the long run as long as you're also dedicated to improvement and open to the possibility that this could be a lot better...

Ahh, a voice of reason! Thanks for the insightful feedback. I will definitely take to heart everything you said.

Those pictures in the video that came from 3D models looked exactly like the pictures from Chrono Trigger: Resurrection before Square-Enix shut them down. Did you use pictures from that project in yours?

I only used a few 3D images...

-This image and another one did come from CT Resurrection. I couldnt find any other fan rendition of guardia kingdom and Crono's house so this got the job done.

-The other 3D image came from DeviantART. No biggie, right?

hmmm ... where did the music come from? those weren't OCremixes.. anyone know?

You weren't paying attention. D: I did use snippets of OC Remixes. To name a few, "Atonement" by Darangen, "Blue Skies Over Guardia" by Darkesword", and "Ruined World (Eternal Derelict) by Children of The Monkey Machine". I also used many other sources including VGMix, Dwelling of Duels, and various remixed albums and Japanese doujins. Only Chrono Trigger music was used in the making video.

I never intended to spam or offend anyone. I apologize if my first post may seem out of line. I plan to become actively involved with the community here.

There is nothing to apologize for. You came here to share your stuff; there is no problem with that.

You do not need to become an active member if you don't want to. It is entirely up to you.

There is nothing to apologize for. You came here to share your stuff; there is no problem with that.

What he said. And believe me, this is no where near as bad as when Cuddly Pyramid Head and Firedrake thought the ruled the roost here.

Just take the criticism good and bad, and learn from it. If it's a first video, I understand, there is room for improvement, but hey, anything art related can always be better, at least that's the way I feel with my artwork...

I recently made this video and just thought I'd share this with everyone. All hardcore Chrono Trigger fans might appreciate this. :D

Oh and hey everyone, I'm new to the community! :-o

? Now it's YOUR video? Make up your mind...

Also, did it really take you a year? Because that's what made it seem like a letdown for me.

Just take the criticism good and bad, and learn from it. If it's a first video, I understand, there is room for improvement, but hey, anything art related can always be better, at least that's the way I feel with my artwork...

Got that right. I'm a digital/studio art student myself and I know there's always room for improvement. (Btw this was made in iMovie and it was difficult to make changes once the scenes were set in place.) I think the true artist is never "finished". Good and bad criticism are always welcome, but personal attacks and baseless opinions will not be taken seriously.

? Now it's YOUR video? Make up your mind...

Also, did it really take you a year? Because that's what made it seem like a letdown for me.

Yeah it's my video. I called it "my friends' video" at first to avoid getting flamed for promoting my own video. (Because I know some forums look down upon that.) guess that didn't work out. Lol but now that's cleared, it's not that's important now anyways. >_>

No it didn't take a year. I got rid of that misleading statement. It was actually several weeks of solid work on and off. At one point I abandoned the project but later picked it up again. Regardless, it really did take a lot of technical work. I wanna remind viewers that this isn't some epic film designed to give you a visual version of CT, it's a tribute video to the fan music and fan art of a great game. =)

holy shit I drew that picture of Lucca in like 2003. XD

edit: the first one shown.

HAHA, nice work! That was one of my faves. Hope you don't mind being a little famous. 8-)

I think next time you should drop the sound effects (especially the laughing).

I admit, I might have gone overboard with that. It's really a love/hate thing. Not all the sound effects were out of place though. In my opinion they made the video. My friends liked the crude humor, but to each his own I suppose.

I should really get started on my college homework. :|

I can tell a lot of work went into this, as I can attest it takes a bit of patience and work to do video editing (particularly when it's pulling images/video for AMV usage). That said, I would have to agree that some of the sound effects (ones other than game-specific ones) tend to take away more from the video than they add, but that's a personal immersion issue I suppose. Keep at it, as you make more videos you tend to pick up new tricks or learn how to refine your skills; hopefully with the end result of making better videos faster.

I have been doing video editing for a few years now when I have spare time, and I can definitely look back at something from my earlier days and see an improvement in production and skills compared to some more recent work.