Surprise coming to Virtual Console?

Overflow

This was on Nintendo.com:

In other news, the Wii-kly Update has a fun surprise coming soon for all our fans. We can't tell you the secret just yet but maybe we’ll offer you some hidden clues. From AZ to NC, if you’re a fan, your applause could rattle your walls, windows, door. You might enjoy this news whether you live in a brick house or Vanderbilt dorm. Even people living along Route 286 in rural Pennsylvania ought to be excited. It’ll feel like a bunch of birthday greetings and, really, who could ask for more? But that's about all we can say for now, so be sure to check future Wii-kly Updates.

What could this be? My first thought was Earthbound. Do the clues line up?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/954/954425p1.html

It looks like they're adding the Commodore 64... apparently, it's been available in Europe for almost a year. I was pretty much raised on the C64, so I still enjoy playing some of these games, mostly just for nostalgic value, though. Unless you had one a while ago, I wouldn't get real excited about any of the games, except maybe Space Taxi. But it's not even available in Europe yet. And the Impossible Mission games were pretty cool. And Jumpman. I didn't play some of the available games, so they might be great, too.

Here's the list of games that have been released in Europe so far:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_(PAL_region)#Commodore_64_.28500_Wii_points.29

I'm in the opposite boat - I'm glad it's not Earthbound. I'm apathetic toward the game itself but its whiny-ass fanbase is really beginning to piss me off. I'm almost glad Nintendo's basically admitted they'll never bring it to VC or Mother 3 to the US.

Don't hate the games, hate the fan-base.

Besides I'm still waiting for Splatterhouse 3 damn it...

Don't hate the games, hate the fan-base.

Besides I'm still waiting for Splatterhouse 3 damn it...

Yeah. I just enjoy seeing the fanbase suffering - they're gonna be loud about their fandom either way, so I'd rather hear them suffering despite their rabidness than squeeing about getting what they want. Best to discourage them, you know.

Then again, I'm in a pretty bad mood today. Sorry EB fans, nothing personal. I'm just out of sorts and don't really mean it.

It's cancer.

Surprise!

That doesn't follow from this:

In other news, the Wii-kly Update has a fun surprise coming soon for all our fans. We can't tell you the secret just yet but maybe we’ll offer you some hidden clues. From AZ to NC, if you’re a fan, your applause could rattle your walls, windows, door. You might enjoy this news whether you live in a brick house or Vanderbilt dorm. Even people living along Route 286 in rural Pennsylvania ought to be excited. It’ll feel like a bunch of birthday greetings and, really, who could ask for more? But that's about all we can say for now, so be sure to check future Wii-kly Updates.

You know what does, though? My penis. It's legendary across the country.

Commodore 64 games. There are several references to the word in that paragraph.

I have visited beautiful Commodore, PA along Route 286. And the highway that stretches between Arizona and North Carolina is Route 64.

I will buy California Games on C64 the first day it comes out on the VC, which is more than I can say for Earthbound.

I have visited beautiful Commodore, PA along Route 286. And the highway that stretches between Arizona and North Carolina is Route 64.

I will buy California Games on C64 the first day it comes out on the VC, which is more than I can say for Earthbound.

Is this hatred for Earthbound as the cool kids call it, in?

Guess I'm a square then.

I wouldn't mind trying some Commodore 64 games though...

My grandparents in Switzerland have a Commodore 64 and an Atari computer thing. The strange thing, though, is that I played this game called Hybris, a really neat shooter, on their Commodore, but whenever I look the game up, it's listed as an Atari game. ???

Also: Great Giana Sisters?

I guess you guys just don't like good things!

people hate popular things, even if the popular thing is popular only to the minority of the culture. they don't dislike the game, they hate the fact that some people like the game.

also, I wish this was Earthbound, I'd actually get to play through it all the way. I played it a little and like what I did play but didn't get much into beating it.

but anything to improve the VC is good by me.