OCR01058 - Breath of Fire "Flames of Valor"

djpretzel

• 8 months later...

How many songs contains this remix? I heard sad melody, the world map theme or something, and surely there is one more at the end, what´s the limit?

However, great stuff. I´m a big fan of philharmonic and orchestral and stuff, and this was clearly one of the best I´ve heard. Although it´s long, it doesn´t do the same melody over and over again and again, maybe that is why you remixed that many of them.

Anyway, this was AWESOME! Strings, all kinds of drums, trombones, surely some kind of trumpet. I can hear this took awhile to do this, and I´m gonna reward you by giving full points for it and download it myself. A very sucky reward, I know, But keep remixing, I don´t wanna let something like this go to waste.

Loved the sad melody mix in the middle, hunter-dude.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Ah this was one of the first OCRemixes I ever heard. Really brought me back to the world of BoF and still does the same today. I think this mix is an excellent showing of how much potential VHD has as an arranger. It has all of his trademark excellent writing. Although his newer arrangements show some big improvements in areas this mix still does not dissapoint. I would have liked to see some more epic climactic sections to capitilize on the militaristic feel of the song.

• 3 months later...

I think the transisitons from styles/sections/themes are all excellent. Great work there. I like the orchestral work with these themes in general, they work well in this context, and again VHD did a good job with them.

Unlike what seems everyone else, I think the mix is just as long as it needs to be. I feel like I went through a complete piece, not feeling like it was unfinished, or overdone. I think the shift of styles really helped in that aspect. Simalarly, I think the samples are pretty decent. Not the best around, but I had no issue listening to them.

• 1 year later...

I still hold memories of the first Breath of Fire, and its soundtrack.

So I decided to set on a heart-warming journey back in time with Flames of Valor.

Production wise, I've found it very difficult to critique, being absorbed by the numerous musical marvels,

and captivated by the beautiful orchestration of the original source.

The song, despite clocking at a little more than 6 minutes, flows at light speed pace, and almost seems too short.

The transitions are seamless and appropriate, and it seems almost as if the whole story is unfolding before me.

After a few listens, I was speechless at how powerfull and evocative this piece is.

This is not just a remix of a song or two. This is a tribute to an entire game, to its story, world and characters.

These flames will continue to burn of a fiery glow for a long long time.

A grandiose and timeless hommage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

From the opening moments of the song it captivated me as the game had -- that I was starting my journey into realms unknown, fraught with peril and treasures waiting to be found!

The overall strength of the song is amazing. I'm an admirer of instrumental, and especially orchestral ones, and hearing this pulls me along the whole song through. Listening it now, I hear no real fault with the track and perhaps that's just me enjoying the song to it's fullest.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01058 - Breath of Fire "Flames of Valor"