Did another $600 stimulus go out?

I just got my 2008 refund direct deposited. Yay. But it was exactly $600 more than what I filed as the refund due to me. Mega yay! Now, before I get really excited, does anybody know if there is some legal reason (another stimulus) for this before I bother calling the IRS about it? I assume accepting money when the IRS fucks up isn't legal and could come back to haunt me later. I never got one of those stimulus checks last year because I didn't work in 2007 (full time student) although I did work full-time in 2006. Anybody know what the deal is?

To be on the safe side, I would ask.

Stimulus checks aren't normally appended onto your tax refund (since, like myself, not everyone receives a refund). Last year, they were sent out as separate checks altogether; I received mine sometime in September, I think, well after I'd filed. Same goes for the people I know who did get a refund.

There should be a "for any questions, please contact ---" line somewhere on your return, or maybe your 1040. KF

I think you're fine.

I was a full-time student in 2007, graduated in May 2008. When it came time to do taxes, TurboTax knew about and automatically added last year's $600 to my refund because I became eligible during 2008. So in summary, yes, you were supposed to get the refund as long as you became eligible after filing your 2007 return and before 2009.