Contact Information

* Akira Wing

* Akira Wing

* zeroalias@gmail.com

* http://www.akirawing.com

Submission Information

* Final Fantasy VII

* You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet

* Composed in Sonar Cakewalk, East West sound libraries. I love what you're doing and have enjoyed all the great work others have offered and I have been wanting to contribute for some time. Hope you enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 305 "Those Chosen by the Planet"

The execution with these samples is pretty decent; could sound a bit richer, but it's pretty solid. The texture still felt a bit sparse in places, and even the most grandiose written parts like 1:51-end weren't full enough and powerful enough.

Despite the qualms with the production, the arrangement was pretty substantial, and that's keeping the brief length and slow pacing in mind. The dynamics were solid, and would have been better had the instrumentation given the full effect. Though I'd rather see this tweaked, I can roll with this as is.

YES (borderline)

Effective arrangement. Not taking as many liberties as I think you're capable of but what's here is very good. I would've loved another minute with some faster-paced more daring takes on the theme but you can't get it all ;)

I've got to agree with Larry on the production though. My biggest hang-up with this track is that it could definitely sound less distant. Even the synths sound drenched in a huge hall reverb. However it comes with the genre (I hereby dub this an orchestral work by the way) and I think the arrangement outweighs this, even if it's a close one.

Good work.

YES(borderline)

• 2 weeks later...

Great pacing and use of silence and tension. This is pretty much what I'd expect to get used in the film version of FF7. The original theme is simple, but you added a lot of spice while keeping the basic structure. Thought the execution was a little sparse but otherwise, bang on.

I really would have liked to hear something longer because there's a lot more directions you could have taken this in, but I can roll with it as a short but sweet nugget of goodness.

YES

• 1 month later...

Pretty good first submission. Arrangement's pretty short, but it's well developed and definitely interpretive enough. Would've liked this to be longer, but only because what you've got is already good. The sparseness is a little bit of a problem, since I feel a lot of the track, the climax starting at around 2:00 especially, should be coming at me with force; it feels a lot weaker than it ought to. Your dynamics are decent, although I think a bit more would help sections stand out more. Samples are effectively used, no qualms there.

A more substantial arrangement would more easily counterbalance the sparseness thing, but what you have is creative, and it's not too big a deal. Welcome aboard.

YES