Which Pokémon game would be good to start with?

Toadofsky

New? No. Used? Gamestop and a lot of luck.

I work for Gamestop. My store was one of the top stores in Pokemon DS sales when those games came out, actually. We usually have copies of the GBA ones in stock, but $30 for a used one is a bit high, even with the employee discount and whatnot. Maybe it they had the box and instructions.

I know I got all 150 Pokemon legitimately (no action replay or whatever cheat device was out back then) in Blue after playing it and most of Red for a cumulative total of more than 100 hours.

I also got all 150, and trained my mains to level 100. Did you know the gameplay timer stops at 255:00 hours? 8-O

I also got all 150, and trained my mains to level 100. Did you know the gameplay timer stops at 255:00 hours? 8-O

Because of the whole hexadecimal values not letting it go past FF? Understandable that, for such a limited system back in the day. The modern ones these days probably stop at 65535:00 but I'm no way going to be the first one to actually play all of that. I though I was mental myself when I trained a Dunsparce to Level 100 in Gold without using Rare Candies or vitamins of the sort :-o

I loved how overpowered Mewtwo was (well, any psychic-type Pokemon really), so between my Red and Blue games, I ended up with a legitimately caught and trained army of 6 L100 Mewtwos on my copy of Blue. I never played any tournaments or anything, but my friends always had funny reactions to finally beating one Mewtwo just to see another pop out, then another, another, and so forth. Ahh sixth grade. When Pikablu was *real* and I had the time to beat the same RPG 6 separate times.

So does Fire Red and Leaf Green have the new pokemon at the time they redid it? Or is it just a straight remake of the originals with battle system tweaks?

Once you beat the Elite Four, you can go to these new islands they made for the game to catch some of the later generation mons. You can trade between Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald as well.

Because of the whole hexadecimal values not letting it go past FF? Understandable that, for such a limited system back in the day. The modern ones these days probably stop at 65535:00 but I'm no way going to be the first one to actually play all of that.

Nah, the GBA and DS games stop at 999:59. I maxed out all of my games except for Diamond... because I really haven't been playing it much.

They needed to add some sort of downloadable content or random event generation...

But if you really want to try out battling and trading, there are a lot of members here how have the DS games, and we're all a pretty trustworthy and reliable bunch. Hell, I can give you eggs of just about any pokémon you want. You want a complete Kanto starter set? You got it!

If I buy Platinum, can I have a Cyndaquil egg? :D

Son, I'll give you every egg for every start for every generation if you want. You want the fossil pokémon too? I got them. You want a four-pack of three-stage ubers? I got them.

You want some Items to help you out in the early stages? Fuck, I think I got a few spare TMs and Masterballs.

I'm open for business and EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Son, I'll give you every egg for every start for every generation if you want. You want the fossil pokémon too? I got them. You want a four-pack of three-stage ubers? I got them.

You want some Items to help you out in the early stages? Fuck, I think I got a few spare TMs and Masterballs.

Lovin' the Ditto then?

I'm not one to use vulgarity, but I believe this image holds merit for said quote...

shirt_vgc_trippinballs.jpg

Lovin' the Ditto then?

Nope, a lot of the time I spent playing the GBA and DS games was spent completing the pokédexes and in the process, I got breeding pairs for just about everything. It's not hard to look up what pairings are compatible. Serebii.net has a pretty good list of everything.

I also did several run-throughs of the second versions (yes, I bought both versiond for every generation of the series...), and got a lot of extra stuff like TMs and rare items.

No worries, my brother does the same thing. He's going through Diamond right now but refuses to sell me his copy of Pearl until he's done with it (doesn't play it, just wants some rare creature at the end of the game). Think I'm just gonna buy one elsewhere, or snag a Platinum.

Nope, a lot of the time I spent playing the GBA and DS games was spent completing the pokédexes and in the process, I got breeding pairs for just about everything. It's not hard to look up what pairings are compatible. Serebii.net has a pretty good list of everything.

I also did several run-throughs of the second versions (yes, I bought both versiond for every generation of the series...), and got a lot of extra stuff like TMs and rare items.

But do you have a shiny eevee?

But do you have a shiny eevee?

Why would I want one? It's ugly, and all the cool Eevee evolutions look like shit as shinys. A lime green Espeon? A brown Flareon?

The rest look almost identical to the normal colored ones. There's no difference between Glaceon, Leafeon and Jolteon.

Admit it, shiny Eevee is worthless, more so if it's IVs suck.