Can someone tell me what's up with this sword?

Thin Crust

Magic? A sword made out of water just looks kick ass. Much less ridiculous than a gunblade to me.

what are you gonna make a sword out of flowers and pixiedust next?

maybe we can try an air sword

also, ridiculousness is not the antithesis of badassery, stop treating it as such

you can have ridiculousness in a badass object so shut up about that

The main character of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is named Noctis Lucis Caelum, and he has what looks like an engine block on his sword.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/versus13/

Anyone want to take a stab at (pun intended) trying to figure out what it does?

The latin is bad also.

"Sky of Night light?"

I mean I suppose it's supposed to be all badass, but it really isn't. That's the lamest name I've heard since "Cloud Strife."

And at least the water sword looked like it was actually possible to lift (i.e. FF7 huge ass sword)

Not only lift, but wield in such a way that you don't actually use the blade. See, in Crisis Core, apparently the Buster Sword was used to render people unconscious, not dead. If it was ever used at all, because Angeal didn't want to ding it up.

Not only lift, but wield in such a way that you don't actually use the blade. See, in Crisis Core, apparently the Buster Sword was used to render people unconscious, not dead. If it was ever used at all, because Angeal didn't want to ding it up.

man, Cloud did such a great job taking care that sword, didn't he