Fester's Quest - Overworld ReMix

Robotaki

I love this game, as frustrating as it was and is. Maybe the frustration has ingrained this melody into my mind but I can't seem to forget it. Not much interpretation yet, and only a short segment. I mainly aimed for an energetic, gritty, phat sound. This is pretty much the first time I've worked with 'rough' sounds so my production may be a little off. There's a lot going on. Anyway, comments always welcomed. Hope you enjoy it!

p.s. skrypnyk requested moar cowbell so it's there at the end :P

SOURCE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjfthOrSais

LINK:

Fester's Quest - Overworld ReMix

It's ingrained in my head too :) When I was a kid, I never wanted to use the Noose because that picture of Lurch (and that music!) was pretty traumatizing.

This has a very nice sound. The grittiness works for me, and from here I can see this going in a bunch of directions. And though it's basically a cover atm, this has a different sound from the source. I can see this working in an action/badass scene from a movie such as XXX (though maybe not with that exact melody line).

I'd give you 100 bonus points if you can find some way to incorporate that Lurch motif into your mix!

This game was so annoying as a kid. Even now I can't bring myself to play it in fear that I'll fail. I can't recall every finding a boss or knowing at all what I was doing. That said, I still played it a LOT and this song, the only song I EVER really heard, was drilled into my head.

With that said, I normally don't even post on OCR, but this song is more than worth it. I'm not musically inclined, but I'm really loving where this is going so far. I can't wait until you start breaking into your own interpretations for it. I honestly got nothing besides this to say, keep going with this sound!

• 2 months later...

I'd give you 100 bonus points if you can find some way to incorporate that Lurch motif into your mix!

Do you have a source for Lurch's theme at all? I'm definitely interested in that idea though. I'd also really REALLY like to put in the boss theme or sewers themes in here somewhere because there's some neat contrasting sections in those tunes. Thanks for the ideas! (Exams almost finished so back to the music computer and away from the binders :D)

Do you have a source for Lurch's theme at all? I'm definitely interested in that idea though. I'd also really REALLY like to put in the boss theme or sewers themes in here somewhere because there's some neat contrasting sections in those tunes. Thanks for the ideas! (Exams almost finished so back to the music computer and away from the binders :D)

Can't find it anywhere else, and... well, this is a good way of getting it along with the rest of the music of the game

http://www.zophar.net/music/nsf/addams-family-fester-s-quest.html

The ending spaceship music is also pretty intense. Just saying. lol

I like ett. :-)

Short - but you knew that already.

The main synth that you've got doing melody seems kinda out of place to me. It's got this really gritty dirty feeling bass and drums. Then that sort of sweet high melody. I see like a Genesis subtractive-esque synth sounding better there. If course it could just be me since everyone else likes it, plus the more I listen to it, the more I talk myself into liking it... Still think something could improve it though...

Not sure in what direction you wanna take this. I alwalys picture the high energy stuff having something in there to really give it a lot of contrast. A really slow intro or something; but can't really comment on that 'cause this is so short.

Hope this helps

-H