Lost: The Final Season

Alexis

I was a couple of episodes behind but caught up last night on ABC.com. I always wondered why LOST wasn't on Hulu but it works the same if not better on ABC's website. Anyways I work on Wednesday nights so I'll probably miss tonight's episode. The last few episodes were great I thought.

I'll be watching it at my sister's house tomorrow night.

But honestly, I quit watching after seeing some of season 3. I watched both Season 1 and 2 from start to finis. I just couldn't get into it after season 1 and 2. This sounds dumb, but I hated it when they started killing off some of the characters. I really liked a few of them, even though they weren't major characters.

And some, it wasn't even necessary to have them in at all, so why did they waste the time? (I know I'm being vague on who, but that's how I'm keeping it).

As far as this new season, I really don't know, I feel like there's still no direction, or the writers are doing things just so they can explain things, but to me, it's just so far out of left field then it originally was. I will finish watching the show when it ends, but, honestly, the direction of it really messed it up, for me at least. Maybe it'll get better as it goes, and finish up good. But I can't shake the feeling it's going to end in disappointment.

But Fringe on the other hand, is getting better and better for me. And what's not to like when you have the Steward of Gondor playing a mental scientist?

your spoiler can be seen in the tooltip for this thread. lol

hooooooolyyy crap. I watched a lot of Alias so i'm real familiar with how JJ Abrams does things. and F, man. F. that man loves killing people just to bring them back. Honestly though, some of the things in previous seasons have been difficult puzzles but recently stuff has been easier to figure out. I hope they're not dumbing down the show just to maintain a large audience.

your spoiler can be seen in the tooltip for this thread. lol

hooooooolyyy crap. I watched a lot of Alias so i'm real familiar with how JJ Abrams does things. and F, man. F. that man loves killing people just to bring them back. Honestly though, some of the things in previous seasons have been difficult puzzles but recently stuff has been easier to figure out. I hope they're not dumbing down the show just to maintain a large audience.

First off, really cool sig(s). How does that work?

They really have made things alot more straight forward, which to an extent I find disappointing, but there are still alot of unsolved issues from when the puzzles were ridiculous. They seem to have drifted from plot complexity to "science" complexity. Alot of less science oriented people I know are actually quite confused by the new events, though most people would find things more direct.

Lost is one of the deepest, most intricate storylines I've ever seen to grace television. I hate television with all my heart and soul, but Lost really is something else. I've watched every season so far multiple times so confusion about everything so far is kept to a minimum. The thing about Lost that I love is while it's a very well shot show with a very deep storyline, the show is one major distraction after another from what's important. The show loves to introduce something really mysterious only to not bring it up again for a LONG time. An example was the wire on the beach in season 1. Sayid follows it in the jungle and eventually is caught by Rousseau. That wire on the beach is definitely out of place and wasn't explained AT ALL UNTIL SEASON 3.

Another few good examples are the nature of Christian Shephard's dead yet living presence, the "Adam and Eve" skeletons of the caves, and the Smoke Monster of course. I'm betting you right now that the initial mysteries of the show will not be even explained until the very end.

Also Jacob? Way to introduce an unseen, poltergeist-ish character and then not address it. All these sort of things keep us incredibly intrigued. I can't wait for tonight's episode for sure. I'm really digging this season.

Anyone else get the feeling that, although John Locke having such a connection with the Island and his destiny, that Jack might actually have a higher calling since John Locke sacrificed himself pretty much so he can get back?

Anyone else get the feeling that, although John Locke having such a connection with the Island and his destiny, that Jack might actually have a higher calling since John Locke sacrificed himself pretty much so he can get back?

I started thinking that recently too. I think once Jack decided to go back to the island, he finally abandoned science and switched to Lockes way of thinking.

I love Lost. Seasons 2 and 3 kinda dipped in quality for me, but they had enough moments of awesome to keep me interested. Season 4 was just incredible. Season 5 is pretty great so far; though, I'm not a fan of talking about it with people unfamiliar with the show. When we mentioned the time jumps to a friend who stopped after Season 1, he sorta laughed. I mean, can you blame him?

I'm still liking it though. Super excited for tonight from the title alone. :D

the "Adam and Eve" skeletons of the caves

I recently overheard a theory about that, actually: that the skeletons belonged to Kate and Jack, who had died in the past in the future. I have doubts about its validity, but it still made me go "whoaaaa." That's one of the reasons I love Lost. Mysteries that are left open-ended for a long time.

It's the longest-running show I've ever bothered following.

I love Lost and am glad to see things picking up in season 5 after the utter dissapointment that was season 4. Season 4 was waaay too predictable for me (in fact, I called the big reveal in the finale way back during the Season 3 finale, and nothing they did even hinted that it was likely anyone else to me). I think the flash forwards really killed the mystery of Season 4 because anyone paying attention could piece a lot of what was going to happen together well before the end of the season utterly deflating a lot of the big "surprises" for me. In fact the only thing that knocked me on my ass and made me go "what?" was finding out they had to move the island.

Luckily, although this season has seemed a bit rushed with getting everyone back on the island, there's more of a feeling that we're getting answers to the mysteries of the island and it's history, rather than answers to the question of what happened between the end of season 3 and Jack and co. getting off the island. I think my biggest problem with season 3 was that that question not only took the focus over finding out answers to mysteries they've been building for years, but turned out to be a lot less interesting than the writers thought it would be.

The first episode my co-worker saw was the season 3 finale. Needless to say, I laughed a lot when she told me it didn't make a lick of sense.

On another board I read, there's about four LOST threads that are each 2000 posts long. That's pretty much what I love most about the show. It's a unique brand of mystery and story that lends itself to countless theories. I've got a few myself that I might add later.

Show's not quite as good as it used to be because the characters don't get the same development time they used to, but that's because the story is winding down, which is exciting. More shows need to announce their stopping date seasons ahead of time. It's really nice knowing they are trying to plot things so that it concludes a year from now, rather than throwing in a completely filler season.

Oh, and I doubt the writers will ever explain 80% of the stuff in this show, like the four-toed statue. I'm not even sure I care if they do!

Oh, and I doubt the writers will ever explain 80% of the stuff in this show, like the four-toed statue. I'm not even sure I care if they do!

In the podcast last week they admitted to this. They also said we will never find out what happened to Sun's dog, since we didn't see the dog when she got off the island and she has apparently gone back. Not that anybody really cares about that dog. I'm just glad that the told us that Vincent will make it to the end of the series. Yayyyyy!

In the podcast last week they admitted to this. They also said we will never find out what happened to Sun's dog, since we didn't see the dog when she got off the island and she has apparently gone back. Not that anybody really cares about that dog. I'm just glad that the told us that Vincent will make it to the end of the series. Yayyyyy!

Heh, interesting. Maybe that will mean people won't be disappointed come the finale. When it comes down to it, there aren't a lot of mysteries on this show that I'd really want to be explained. Like take last week's episode, where we weren't sure what changed Kate's or Hurley's mind. I guess I figure if someone can come up with a possible explanation for it (as the fans always do), then it really doesn't matter whether we find out if that was the real answer or not. I think it'd be quite in the spirit of the show to finish the story with only wrapping the major loose ends.

Rambo,

it's a script - it will pull up any picture in a folder for my sig :) I can get it for you if you want.

I want to know what the 3 toed statue is about >:[

If you could get me that script, I would be very much obliged.

I've been waiting for the meaning behind that foot too. Every episode since the flashes through time started, I've been dying to see the whole statue standing hundreds of feet in the air. I'm sure it'll happen. It has to....

EDIT: Unless it's just like... remains of the colossus of rhodes or something. but that would be weird...

For me, Lost is simply the best show that television has ever produced. Yeah sure, some shows do comedy better (Futurama), some have better sci-fi representation (Battlestar Galactica), etc, etc. But for all the types of genres Lost covers (mystery, sci-fi/time-travel, tidbits of comedy, drama), it does a masterful job of juggling them all. No doubt, it's my most favorite tv show of all time, and it'll take a miracle to remove it from that spot.

But on the critical side of things, I think the show has almost gotten a little more ridiculous than I can stand. If I was an outsider, instead of a die-hard fan, I know I would be like, "This show is just too weird, and it's too out there, They have to GO BACK to the island?! You've got to be kidding! *Loud groaning*" But, I am a die-hard fan, so I don't actually feel that way! :)

alright fellow losties!

alexis knows i'm really into the show - me and all my friends watch the show fanatically ever since season 2

i don't watch tv - and neither does my roommate - but we watch lost :) - it's just masterful storytelling on a scope i've never really experienced before - comes highly reccommemended for those of you who are skeptical to go and get the dvd's and start from the beginning

and they better start answering some old mysteries - there's sooo many that still linger

They answered some questions last night? What a change! I've been watching this from the start with my father, and he always laughs and jokes about how it still doesn't make much sense even after all these years.

I know I could watch last night's episode on ABC.com but ABC has a nice format of airing the previous week's episode on before the new one, it's come in handy before this season. For some reason I just like watching Lost on Wednesday night on TV more fun than on the internet.

My favorite little bit about this season had to be that Desmond and Penny named their baby after Charlie.

My favorite little bit about this season had to be that Desmond and Penny named their baby after Charlie.

there's a site that has a theory on that - as well as lots of others

www.timelooptheory.com (be warned tho - it's pretty deep - the best part of this theory is that this guy predicted the time loop way back in season 3)