Naruto - Sadness and Sorrow on Piano, Guitar, iPhone Ocarina, and Pipa

Vlad Tepes Drac

Hey OCR,

I just recently entered into a contest held by Smule. These guys made an OCARINA app for the iPhone. Yes, I had to put that in caps, cause it's pretty friggen crazy haha, I didn't believe it until I actually tried it out myself! :D

Anyhow, for this contest they just wanted us to use the ocarina in creative ways, so I decided to record one of my favourite songs, which is "Sadness and Sorrow"! They were giving away 10 prizes of $1000 to the 10 best videos, and MINE happened to be one of them! :D So I was pretty stoked. =D ... for me that equals money to buy more instruments haha! :P

This is the first music recording I've done (I coupled it with video too) so I'm still pretty n00bish at mixing and getting the mic stuff right, however, this is an exciting path to be working forward in!

Please rate/comment/leave love and/or hate! It's all appreciated!

Best Regards,

Vlad

Very cool. Your first recording and video? Coulda fooled me..

Thanks a lot man! Well it's not my first video per se, I've done lots of short clips for contests and film festivals already. But it was my first try with recording. Since I was on a tight deadline to get this video done, it wasn't as good as I could have made it. Didn't have time to do some good mixing/eq/etc.

Tighten the performance up more [like make the ocarina better :P] and we'll post it... oh you know where [click my sig]

Even though we already have like 50 Sadness and Sorrows covers.

I tried using the ocarina on someone's phone at MAGFest. It was kinda fun.

w00t!!! I didn't know there was an animeremix site! O_O That's awesome haha, it's my new favourite now! :P I'll deff be submitting some more recordings in the near future then! :D Thanks for letting me know!

Wow I didn't expect that.

Really simple, but with a song like that, it sounds great as is.

Looks like you're pretty well equipped with instruments and recording equipment.

Thank you! :) I like to exceed peoples expectations, even if it's just a little bit! ^_^

Ya, music is deff my biggest passion. I finally saved up enough for a microphone/pre-amp/etc and bought them recently. I'm going to spend more time experimenting once the semester is over. =D

Sweet pipa skills! :D

Also I think we should petition djp to add iPhonerina to the skills database. :<

Thanks for the compliment! Pipa is a pretty cool instrument, I have yet to master it though!

and iPhone rocks as well! :P