Destiny of an Emperor - 'All-Out'

This is a remix from Destiny of an Emperor for the NES. I wasn't able to find the source on vgmusic, so I converted the NSF to MP3. If you're not familiar any of the music from the game, you should listen to the source, which I uploaded here

As for the mix itself, I tried to make the original sound a little darker and a lot more aggressive. I'd say I'm somewhat close to being finished, but some feedback certainly couldn't hurt either.

Anyway, you can download the mix here.

Weird that the drums are so aggressive while the rest of the instrumentation is... well, not. It also sounds overly loud when the drums die out (like at 1:03) and the hat/ride fading gets real loud, but it's not a problem of conventional compression. Too much compression with a multiband compressor, maybe?

Interpretation was pretty good imo.

In my defense, having the aggressive drums offset the rest of the arrangement was intentional, but the thing you brought up that happens at 1:03 wasn't. Yes, I used a multiband compressor, and yes, I'm aware that I compressed the shit out of the drums here (and throughout the whole mix, really), so I guess my next logical step would be to calm the drums down a bit by making moments like 1:03 sound a little less grating.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!