Twinrova Theme "Revisited" (Ocarina of Time)

Hmmm... Where to start?

Apologies. Apologies all around. I'm not much of a forum guy and this post might not be too... fitting towards the end because of that.

So, my I was recently rejected by the Judges Panel. The faults cited were, for the most part, production.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18765

I had someone else do the production on this song earlier (back in june of last year or so, I think.) Evidently, the production wasn't good enough (I have no ear for this stuff, at all. I can only really repeat what they were saying, without a full understanding of the issues.) This was the song

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/rxub/ko-ume-yourself1

What I'm asking for is help. I, myself, would like to learn how to be good at the production aspect; however, there isn't ample time for that for this song. The short of it: I'm asking for someone to re-do the song for me. I have the midi file, and I can get a pdf of the score reproduced if you also wanted. The song was close and I would love to be on the site. I apologize for the forward request for help, but I really need it for this song. This community was incredibly helpful last time I posted here with this song, and I'm hoping for that same kind of help again.

Again, sorry, and also, thanks.

Yeah, I was the one who did the production.

I wanted to use orchestral samples, but Zorlax really wanted the samples to be of solo instruments. My solo samples aren't really of high quality and my production not good enough to get it to the high standards of OCremix. So should anyone be willing to take up this project again, then I'll be able to provide the project file I made.

Hey Uboichi, I didn't know you were still around. I really didn't mean anything by this, really. We just kinda stopped talking sometime around August and then there was that month gap of no emails or anything.

Seriously, I didn't mean to make it out like your stuff was crap or anything (and I guess it was my fault in the end that this wasn't passed because I wanted the solo instruments and all.)

Maybe it was my lack of perception, but I haven't really "seen" you around here all that much; I assumed you wouldn't care enough to really do anything more for me on this. But hey, if you wanna try again, we always can.

Okay, I'll make it formal.

I'm looking for a collaboration partner mostly (if not only) for the production of this song. The link is in a prior post. (Looks like Uub isn't going to be working with me on this one.) This song was so close; hopefully it can be taken all the way.

[side note, I DO apologize for posting in my own thread so often.]

Would love to work more on this one, 'cause frankly it's very nicely written. And it's always nice to work with something that's written well. However, I'm all over my head into choir projects atm and got my study + job at the same time as well. I don't even have time to work on my own composition projects, so don't even consider OCR projects :(.

But still, I've put a lot of work into this and would love to see it finished eventually. So if anyone could pick it up where I left it, then I'd be grateful! (and Zorlax too I think =P).

I see serious potential in this, I think it sounds great. It really reminds me of the Stone Tower theme from Majora's Mask, I was just thinking it'd be cool to modify that as like a bassline or something. XD I really think you should put more in the area of percussion though, and if you want it to sound like actual instruments, you're going to need a bit more work.

I kind of like it the way it is though, the violin part at the beginning is awesome, IMO. The sudden violin chords feel unnatural, but I personally think this is a good thing, It'd be cool if you made the entire piece have that sort of a contrived/artificial orchestra feel instead of just making it like an actual orchestral arrangement.