Welcome to ORC117.

Source Material

Last month winner was Willrock.

WillRock - Clash of the Titans - MIDI

Good luck everyone.

Deadline

29th March Midnight US East Coast

ORC

The contest is a monthly contest so the deadline is programmed to be the 3rd sunday of the month. Voting stage will follow till the 4th sunday of the month. Next context will start again the first of the next month.

The Quick Rules Rundown

Step 1 -Submission:-

1. Anyone can enter regardless of your remixing ability.

2. Filesize is limited to 8 meg.

3. You may only enter one piece. but can collab on a second one.

4. When you've finished your entry, post it in the compo tha sauce system. HERE.

5. You may submit your piece as a MIDI, MP3 or OGG file.

Step 2 -Vote:-

Voting will be done via Thasauce. Voting stage will last 1 week from the 22nd to the 29th Midnight .

About the comment:

You are now allowed to comment anytime EXCEPT during the voting stage..

that mean that once a mix is posted, you can feedback it, until the submission process is over. Remixer are able to fix/enhance it until the deadline. The date in the PM/Email will be used to upload the most recent one.

About a draw in the result:

It happen sometime. Both remixer are still officially Winner, but i'll ask the remixer with the less "Win" to send me his song.

Gargh! It sounds like something that I've heard before, too, but unlike you, Just64helpin, I don't remember where! Grrr... Perhaps I'll remember whe you post, then.

Oh well, I've got something in the works, so we'll see how this turns out... and if anyone knows where to find a really nice orchestral Bass Drum sound/plugin, let me know - the one I have is severely lacking :-x.

Umm... when is the deadline? Is it the 21st (2 weeks, 4 days from March 3rd) or the 29th? I'm guessing the 21st, so you may want to fix that (unless you want us to use all that time to make something awesome even MORE awesome :-P).

Nice source, Will.

I think I know what you're talking about.. ;P

(tell me, does it have anything to do with a blond guy, hope I don't give too much away here, lol)

I thought I knew what you guys were on about, and now you have confirmed my suspicions :P

It wasn't done on purpose.

Honest :roll:

Besides, said tune sounds like another before it *Cough* Top Gun *Cough* Cheap Trick *Cough*

Oh, well THAT submission made it obvious just64helpin... lol. Clever.

You know, I actually thought you guys we're talking about the Golden Sun music. That's what came to mind, for me :P.

Well, my submission's up. I just hope it's not too liberal for you all... I dissected the source and put pieces of it throughout for you, so it's still there :puppyeyes:.

Well, this is interesting, people are all saying it sounds like a different source and coming up with a completely different track, there's definitely two at the moment, maybe three if there is a golden sun track like it (I have never heard the music for that game)

I wonder how many similarities people are going to find with other sources lol.

Btw I'm loving the remixes guys, keep em coming :P

Well, this is interesting, people are all saying it sounds like a different source...

The chord structure used is pretty common, so everyone's gonna link that to the most salient tune they can think of :P

It's only natural... the real question is why the hell did I think Golden Sun when there was a much more popular source to link it to? I'll probably never know...

Got to say: the concept sounds awesome.

Since it's my first time ever entering a competition, I humbly salute all the "veterans" remixers here, and I hope to learn from this.

Much respect to the ones who came up with the idea for this event.

Well now, I guess I can't ignore the famous "source" that almost everyone gave away, can I? ;-)

Willrock, your song is great: good melody and much room for re-interpretation.

I'll submit on ThaSauce as soon as I finish remixing it.

Care to share the results Doulifée sensei? ;-)

Also as a side note, I didn't knew we were allowed to vote for ourselves.

But in that matter, I'm agreeing with what Zephyr said on the CMC26 thread:

In my opinion the "small bonus points for voting" is the best system, I hate it when people can and do vote for themselves, it's just not cool.

I dunno if the outcome was influenced in anyway, so I wouldn't dare to make any assumptions.

...not that it really matters now! :mrgreen:

Anyway, onward to the ORC118! ...maybe?

need to check the issue of "vote for self" with ThaSauce crew.

Results:

Garian 20Pts

DJMokram 17pts

Just64Helpin 8Pts

Ceal 3pts

Thank for all the vote and all the remixes.

Next ORC is schedule for the 1st April (if the board are not messy like a traditionnal 1st April)

Ya, I'm sorry about that... I can't help it if it's available. I think I made some comments about that in the voting comments. I'll try not to do that next time.

Anyhow, since everyone was talking about compositions that sound like other videogames in this thread (By the way, I was thinking Guile this whole time...), I decided to send something that sounds like... well, you'll see :P

See ya at ORC 118!