Getting Dungeon Keeper 2 to work on Vista

Raziellink

I've tried almost everything i can think of, but it's simply not happening. I can't freaking play DK2 on my Vista computer! Now most of you are probably going to advise me to use Google, but i have already tried it.

I can get the game to work, the intro movie plays, and the loading screen pops up, but when i get to the menu, it freezes, and even giving me the blue screen of death...

Anybody else having the same problems as me, or used to? And if you fixed it, how did you manage to do such an holy act?

wait, and this is a big deal? it's not that great of a game regardless. it's fun for like the first level, but the bosses are so significantly more powerful than you are when you're able to fight them that they just hand you your ass about 20 times before you can beat them.

what's the BSOD error that it lists? oh, and wouldn't this go in help/newbies?

Well, some websites wrote that patch 1.7 would make it work. I downloaded the patch, but got zero result. After that, i started messing with the tab compatibility in it´s properties. After trying to run it in windows 95, 98, Vista and XP, i finally got it running on Windows 2000. (Go figure). I read that checking the disable visual themes and desktop compositions would help, but all that did was freeze explorer.

The game starts giving me trouble in the game menu; is there a way for it to run on software instead of direct3D?