Laugh-Out-Loud Cats

DarkeSword

Not sure if anyone's familiar with this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apelad/collections/72157603486269567/

The conceit: a comic strip form the early 20th century about a pair of vagabond felines--with a twist.

That was surprisingly unfunny. I was expecting great things from such a promising concept, but I only chuckled at a few out of the hundred or so I read.

Garfield Minus Garfield though's just plain not funny.

I'd have to disagree (although it a moot point cause funniness is opinion based)

Mainly because Garfield's creator Jim Davis finds it funny or entertaining enough to actually sell a book instead of send a cease and desist letter. that speaks volumes, and I think he knows what G-G (Garfield minus Garfield) is all about.

I enjoy G-G it solely because it brings to the forefront that all this time... Jon Arbuckle has been talking to his cat, who can't talk back, who essentially isn't there.

physically erasing Garfield shows how strange and sad Jon really is.

I enjoyed Garfield all the way up till Jon could understand him and then it became unfunny. as unfunny as one of those crappy sitcoms.

also, I love that the internet has continued in cannibalizing itself, i just wanna know how long will it take until the whole internet is 5 inbred websites that are all related to each other.

Please stay on topic. :(

Sure,

after reading a bunch of Laugh-out-Loud Cats I didn't find them all that funny, it is an interesting idea on capitalizing on a internet fad,

it reminded me of the old Heathcliff comics but doesn't have that sense of character to make it work.

but trying to put a narrative, even small segemented ones based on something as random as lolcats doesn't work, it's like making a characters and a comic strip out of Ytmnd.com it just wouldn't work out.

and the "i Haz" speak doesn't help.

again, good idea. at least a somewhat original idea but it lacks in the source material and the execution of the idea.

I think that's all there is to say really, other than the fact that "hobo culture" is not one youngsters to college aged kids can really relate too, or even know anything about past the stereotype. but that's just my opinion.