14 Year Old Signed Electronica Artist

Phr4kture

Hey guys, Phrakture here. I just wanted to talk about an interesting experience in my life. Music production was just a small hobby of mine I started back in 2004 (I was 9 at the time). My brother had downloaded a very simple MIDI Studio program which I strung simple melodies through, experimented with different MIDI Synths with and so forth. Soon I discovered Looping and became very interested. A couple of months later my brother hooked me up with professional standard software which i've been using ever since.

After 5 years of using and learning software music production I have finally had a strong acknowledgement. I've attempted a number of genres including Trip Hop, Drum & Bass, Chillout, Atmospheric Drum & Bass, Progressive House, Progressive Breakbeat, and Trance, but mostly Progressive House and Breaks. My goal is to bring the world a new age of unique, melodic, emotional, and atmospheric progressive music.

I was recently signed to Polytechnic Recordings ( October 2008 ) and being just a freshman in highschool this has been my greatest acheivement yet. I've also been signed to Flextone

Recordings and am about to be signed to Televisionary Recordings.

I wanted to drop this by OCremix because OCR has helped inspire me alot aswell. Ontop of my favourite musicians I'd say I listened to a fair bit of OCR (alot of djpretzel, Mazedude, and

Analoq's stuff) in these past couple of years. This site has just an incredible amount of talented musicians and I won't lie when I say i'm very VERY glad to have found this community. This community has such a professional style and appearance. I wanted to thank you guys at OCR, and hope to be able to be part of this community. I mean, what could be better than Video Games and Music? xD.

This isn't the first time i've posted here. I participated in one of Zircon's remix contests back in November 07, and submitted a remix of an Unreal Tournament track (which was rejected due to me sampling part of the original song in the remix [fail on my part]).

Incase you guys sparked an interest. You can check my stuff out at

www.myspace.com/phrakturemusic

www.soundclick.com/djfrakture

www.facebook.com/pages/Phrakture/63325305489

Im technically 15, my birthday was just a couple of days ago, but I havn't made anything new since so I'm still 14 in my music.

If you want, add me on Xfire, my username is: phr4kture, or add me on Steam, my ID is: f1r3freak

Thanks for reading, Cheers!

I participated in one of Zircon's remix contests back in November 07, and submitted a remix of an Unreal Tournament track (which was rejected due to me sampling part of the original song in the remix [fail on my part]).

If it hasn't shown up in Judge Decisions, it hasn't been rejected, so don't call it off yet! You could be surprised...

BTW, absolutely love the Unreal Tournament track in question. It's probably going to be an inspiration for my next mix.

If it hasn't shown up in Judge Decisions, it hasn't been rejected, so don't call it off yet! You could be surprised...

Well, it wasn't rejected completely yes, BGC asked me to rework the sound that was sampled in the track because you aren't alowed to sample from the original track I believe. But 1 reformat and 2 studio upgrades later and its impossible to open the remix ( which was made in June 2008 ) anymore. Too many software issues to deal with making it very hard to edit the remix. Its kind of a dead end for me.

I did make a Chrono Trigger Zeal (Corridor of Time) remix which I was planning on sending into OCR but I think you guys have enough Chrono Trigger mixes to go around.

If you guys are interested however ill send in a proper email with the track.

You can hear it here:

Well, it wasn't rejected completely yes, BGC asked me to rework the sound that was sampled in the track because you aren't alowed to sample from the original track I believe. But 1 reformat and 2 studio upgrades later and its impossible to open the remix ( which was made in June 2008 ) anymore. Too many software issues to deal with making it very hard to edit the remix. Its kind of a dead end for me.

I did make a Chrono Trigger Zeal (Corridor of Time) remix which I was planning on sending into OCR but I think you guys have enough Chrono Trigger mixes to go around.

If you guys are interested however ill send in a proper email with the track.

You can hear it here:

uhhhmmmmm yeah.

Send it in! Worst that happens is it gets rejected, and best case scenario (also likely from my standpoint) you get a mix and some publicity up on the site! There are some working producers around here and publicity is never a bad thing.

Hey, Nafeu, I remember you telling me about this a couple months back. Congrats, glad to hear everything's going smooth for ya!

I'll vouch what Andy said about this kid, he's a super talented up-and-coming young remixer. Has a pretty sick Unreal Tournament track that's going to be posted here on OCR pretty soon, so everyone keep an ear out!

*edit*

Didn't see the prior couple posts. Let me clarify. There was an issue that raised some discussion amongst the panel about whether or not it was in violation of our site's submission standards. I initially emailed Phr4kture and asked if he could rework it to bring it wholly into the clear, because aside from this one minor issue, the track was fine. However, after some discussion and review by the panel, we decided that the track was NOT in violation of the site's policies, and continued our vote. It's since been accepted and will be going up whenever DJP gets around to it :)

It's since been accepted and will be going up whenever DJP gets around to it :)

I was trying to allude to what BGC spelled out. :nicework: