OCR00211 - ActRaiser "Fillmore Freestyle"

m68030

• 4 weeks later...

This is definately one of my favorite mixes, it's catchy, good dynamic drums, good choice of synths, good overall feeling, good rhythm choice, everything seems to just make sense in the piece. This one gets a definate 10/10 (I don't give these out very often, a definate download)

-> great part change at 1:31

-> nice change of rhythm section at 1:52

~dj carbunk1e

Another very sweet mix by McVaffe. Ive never played Actraiser either, but this mix is awsome.

This is definately one of my favorite mixes, it's catchy, good dynamic drums, good choice of synths, good overall feeling, good rhythm choice, everything seems to just make sense in the piece.

That pretty much sums it up, and Ill add that the scratchs are well placed and flavorful, true freestyle. Highly recommended, I as well give it a 10/10 for being a very unique, dynamic, song that flowing seemlessly.

• 2 months later...

i still haven't heard a mcvaffe remix, i don't like. i like the way he pans the drums and the apreggiated (is that right? i don't remember) synth back and forth at 1:52 to 2:23. of course, he does that througout different parts of the song, but it just really stands out there.

• 2 months later...

a classic mcvaffe.. at first i used to discriminate against games i never played.. but after hearing this, i picked up djp's mixes too and decided that actraiser music is pretty good =) anyway, this mix is another excellent execution by mcv with the traditional (for mcv anyway) percussion solo, which is always a good touch in my opinion.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I think what really makes this track different from djp's is that choir solo. IT'S SO AWESOME!!! No one has mentioned it here either! The two really compliment each other's. I wouldn't give it a ten, maybe an 8, but I can see how others could give it a ten.

Sorry dj pretzel but i like this better than yours. Anyways i lovethe great paino work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting style of pause-synth used here, I would definitly recommend this one to you techno junkies out there. As for me this one is probably going to go on my regular list, but It starts with the same beat as it ends. Good song, a little bland for me to give it my approval of awesomeativity though... :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really loved this game. It's especially thrilling to have an audience, with any game. If YOU haven't played this game, play it now. The first stage in Actraiser has this track (the original, not this remix) I felt I should use that as a comment because this gave justice to the 'beat' mixed with the medieval sword-fighting avatar that you will control.

In short, good remix, good game.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

An old classic. I've had this for ages and listened to it so many times, but it still manages to be interesting. I think this is the motivation that got me into playing Actraiser actually- great game, an early representation of the RTS genre. Though very bare bones, it was still fun and broke up the action levels, and vice versa.

Right, the mix. McVaffe is the god of percussion solos- you simply can't find anything else like it here. The choir solo being the highlight here, is simply awesome. The chopped up places in the song are a great touch. You just can't go wrong with this man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This one contrasts quite nicely with djp's take on the same track.

While the former's vision of this was more chill in nature, this one is something that is much closer to dance music. Also, close enough to the source to be recognizable, but with enough liberty taken to claim it as one's own. Good job McVaffe!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00211 - ActRaiser "Fillmore Freestyle"