OCR01812 - Tales of Phantasia "The Unholy Wars"

djpretzel

This is quite excellent, yet another crisp remix, brilliant sound and awesome leads, both synth and guitar.

Piano intro is quite epic, well the whole song is, I'm sure to give the whole remix album a listen. One day I'll become inspired enough to submit my first remix, just keep them rolling :).

I'll be frank, while listening to this I wasn't sure if it was something I'd want to listen to again or not, but after listening to it, I'm leaning more towards "yes". It's a little on the loud end as far as my guitar tastes run, but all in all it's very tasteful and I like the parts where it starts sounding like something out of a Megaman game. It did seem to be a bit longer than necessary...but it's a solid piece, good job.

As amazing as the instrumentation is, I seem to end up focusing on listening to the drums a lot of the time in this. Some nice synth usage here as well, and I think the guitar speaks for itself. I mean, it's Sixto at his... usual, maybe? or best?

The piano intro isn't to be overlooked. What would this track be without the piano setting the tone and emotion before the guitar comes in? It'd be awesome, but not quite pwnsome. And pwnsome isn't a word I use lightly. This track is pwnsome.

As amazing as the instrumentation is, I seem to end up focusing on listening to the drums a lot of the time in this. Some nice synth usage here as well, and I think the guitar speaks for itself. I mean, it's Sixto at his... usual, maybe? or best?

Both.

The piano intro isn't to be overlooked. What would this track be without the piano setting the tone and emotion before the guitar comes in? It'd be awesome, but not quite pwnsome. And pwnsome isn't a word I use lightly. This track is pwnsome.

This track was actually pretty much completely arranged by the time I sent Sixto the piano bit to see if he wanted to use it, so I'd heard it without the piano. You're right, it was awesome, but the intro just made it even better.

Easily my favorite track on the project.

Nice rubato-heavy piano intro that builds just a little and quickly but effectively transitions into guitars. Great production on the lead and rhythm tones, and the drums have a great sound as well. The rhythm playing is the star here, precise and crisp, though i'd prefer to hear more lead guitar tone rather than the synth. The trading of leads is fine to keep things mixed up, but if I had Sixto's lead tone, i'd probably never touch a synth again. :P

Solos were pretty good, nice phrasing, and the usual Sixto chops display.

Ending was a little abrupt, but it was thoughtfully completed.

Great track, but i'm sure you don't need my recommendation to grab this one. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01812 - Tales of Phantasia "The Unholy Wars"