OCR01812 - Tales of Phantasia "The Unholy Wars"

djpretzel

Haha, I feel bad getting a co-credit for contributing barely 10% of the remix. Glad ya'll are liking it though! Sixto did a rockawesome job (and in TWO DAYS).

Be sure to check out the WIP of my collab with SnappleMan in the bonus tracks, and then make fun of him for being a lazy son of a gun. :P

The brain may only weigh 3 pounds, but without it an entire human body could not function! In other words, the remix would not have had the same life that it does without your contribution to it, Dhsu.

I simply LOVE a crossing of instruments and styles. The piano really set me up to be amazed when the guitar came crashing into the scene. As for the guitar part of it, well, let's just say AWESOME and keep on listening!

Uber props to this mix.

• 1 year later...

This song literally made me start working on remixes for OCR. I'll never forget the day... I had just discovered OCR through a mislabeled SF2 Ken video, and I listened to tracks all night from some of my fav games...I wasn't quite sold. At 4:30 in the morning I was passing out at my desk as I clicked on this track. I heard the piano, and I started to fade... then something came at 0:37. It was Sixto with 12 demons surrounding him, all playing the same embracing riff. I fell, defeated by Sixto and and his legion of darkness, but have since risen with a new goal of facing him on the epic battlefield till one of us lies defeated.

Well, at least that's kind of how I remember it. True story on hearing his track while basically passed out. It's still my ring tone to this day.:-)

• 1 year later...

I have only one complaint about this song. Before his big solo, there's a part he takes from the source which has some backing awesomeness to it. It's absent in this mix.

Other than that, a rockin' cover of the source that, as intended I'm sure, provides a nice counterpoint to Rexy's take on the same source (the two work as bookends on the album too). It's very well done. The intro by Dhsu is beautiful, and paves the way for Sixto to rock out.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

While not my favorite remix on the site, I think this is by far Sixto's best work. While I enjoy all of his music this track has such a strong emotional part to it that really sets it apart. The synth adds an elegance to the track that isn't quite present in his guitar only works. The key change is beautifully subtle; it took me months of listening to even realize it was there! The drum work is awesome and the rhythm guitars pull you in and hold you down while the lead guitars attack you without mercy. The piano intro from dhsu is perfect and really helps set the mood that is carried throughout the song. I want to cry from sheer sorrow and run around with a sword in a blind rage at the same time when I listen to this. When I have the chance to pick up guitar playing again I really want to learn to play those scathing leads.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01812 - Tales of Phantasia "The Unholy Wars"