FF7Voice Opens a Permanent Casting Call

Mesden

Hey, man, wish you had spoken to me before announcing this.

January 2-4 is MAGFest, a (perhaps the) premiere con around this time. It's likely that some people interested in audtioning will be otherwise occupied.

That said, I do want to encourage people to audition. This is a fun project, and when the lines are done they will be spliced together into a legal hack that PC owners of FF7 can amend to their game. Why don't you dig out the example Google video, Mesden?

Hmm...I might audition for a couple of the male voices I didn't try last time...It would be cool if this thing got a bigger response.

I would personally urge anyone who is even remotely just a teeny-tiney bit interested to give this a go. You might surprise yourself.

EDIT: that is, unless you're even remotely just a teeny-tiney bit interested for just a few weeks....then you probably shouldn't audition....b/c that's what Mesden said.

I may try out, and if I do I will commit.

How are these voices going to implemented into the game though, or are they? A mod for the PC version, or a rom hack?

Edit: Nm, just read the original thread. Sounds like a good idea, though you might want to add those details to this thread somewhere.

I'd be really interested in this - I've been doing a lot of disney dubbing.voice acting/singing recently. I always liked the character of Rufus and, despite being Scottish, I have a British sort of accent so it would be fun to try that out, amongst perhaps a few others. =)

wow ive never seen this project before. I definitely would have tried out for a few roles from the start.

I was wondering, could i audition by sending an email of a few clips in an mp3. Ive tried Ventrilo and programs like it for podcasts and commentaries, and the quality isnt the best. Also, ill probably be working during the audition times.:tomatoface:

btw, do you have any examples of what's been done so far, like a video clip with voices dubbed, just to see what is in store for us. And could drum up support, and participation.

Also, if you're looking for some FF comunities to advertise/audition from, try www.FF-XIII.net and www.thelifestream.net . They're nice and friendly :)

Although I have no voiceover experience, I do have a fair bit of acting under my belt, and I'd love to audition. I just have a few questions, though. Are there specific scenes you're looking for for each character to audition with, or should I just dig up a transcript of the game and ctrl-f my way through until I see something good? Also, I have a headset, but no recording software. Is there anything you'd recommend, possibly so I could record and listen to myself before auditioning? Also, I'm assuming that there's going to be a need for said software when actual recording starts, so the sooner I could get it and start tinkering the better.

Audacity is a free audio recording and processing program that fits the needs of what this project is trying to accomplish. As to particular scenes, yes there are a few key scenes for most characters that are usually picked as they define that character (and/or just have a lot of dialogue for that character to speak), but there is no set list that I am aware of. If you tell me what character you were planning on auditioning for, I could probably point you in the right direction.

there are many many different kinds of 'british'

does it matter which one

If we think your Voice Acting is quality enough for the Project, even if you have a Scandanavian Accent, we will find a place to use it. That doesn't mean it may be a Major Role, but that doesn't mean it would be a Minor Role either. Remember, you might think your Voice Acting isn't that great, but you are still welcome to give it a go, because it might be better than you think.

wow ive never seen this project before. I definitely would have tried out for a few roles from the start.

I was wondering, could i audition by sending an email of a few clips in an mp3. Ive tried Ventrilo and programs like it for podcasts and commentaries, and the quality isnt the best. Also, ill probably be working during the audition times.:tomatoface:

btw, do you have any examples of what's been done so far, like a video clip with voices dubbed, just to see what is in store for us. And could drum up support, and participation.

Also, if you're looking for some FF comunities to advertise/audition from, try www.FF-XIII.net and www.thelifestream.net . They're nice and friendly :)

Thanks for the Links. You need to be on Ventrilo if you wish to Audition. We have a high quality Ventrilo Server. High enough to judge your voice acting.