FF7Voice Opens a Permanent Casting Call

Mesden

Qhimm Community is American and British based. Plus British Accents add a unique feel to some of the Characters... Even if they were originally American voiced. Don't worry, the British voices will still be as good, if not better than the originals.

Qhimm Community is American and British based. Plus British Accents add a unique feel to some of the Characters... Even if they were originally American voiced. Don't worry, the British voices will still be as good, if not better than the originals.

I see. Well good luck with that.

I see. Well good luck with that.

Haha, ok well you have to admit that some of the english voices from Advent Children could have been better.

I think the point is that instead of focusing on getting the voices that will be a closest match to what we've heard already, we're trying to get the best quality voices that match the personality of the characters.

If that means having a british tifa because the british voice actor can make it fit better than the american voices that tried out, so be it.

At least I think so. If I'm way off base feel free to call me on this.

Sorry I did not mean to imply sarcasm. I wish the best for people undertaking the endeavor. Wouldn't want people stomping all over my Chrono Trigger movie script before they read it, so I'm not really into criticizing people trying to make a project happen. :-)

I personally never pictured any of the characters as having an accent (outside of Japanese), and while some of the translations in the English dub of AC make me want to throw something at my TV, I really didn't have much of a problem with the voice actors' performance.

One thing I might point out though is if the intention is to get a "unique" character presence by using an accent that is regionalized in some way, then it would be contrary to that goal for half the cast to have that particular feel. Unless the uniqueness is to come from the few that are an American/non-regionalized accent?

Sorry I did not mean to imply sarcasm. I wish the best for people undertaking the endeavor. Wouldn't want people stomping all over my Chrono Trigger movie script before they read it, so I'm not really into criticizing people trying to make a project happen. :-)

I personally never pictured any of the characters as having an accent (outside of Japanese), and while some of the translations in the English dub of AC make me want to throw something at my TV, I really didn't have much of a problem with the voice actors' performance.

One thing I might point out though is if the intention is to get a "unique" character presence by using an accent that is regionalized in some way, then it would be contrary to that goal for half the cast to have that particular feel. Unless the uniqueness is to come from the few that are an American/non-regionalized accent?

I know plenty of Americans who can pull off a perfect British Accent, and plenty of British people who can pull off a perfect American Accent. Heck, I didn't know Hugh Laurie from House or Dr. Rodney McKay from Stargate Atlantis were British until I watched them in an Interview.

I know plenty of Americans who can pull off a perfect British Accent, and plenty of British people who can pull off a perfect American Accent. Heck, I didn't know Hugh Laurie from House or Dr. Rodney McKay from Stargate Atlantis were British until I watched them in an Interview.

Nobody said they couldn't. However, putting "British preferred" when listing the characters to audition for seems to indicate you want a British accent not a British citizen. You'll note in my previous reply I refer to regionalized/non-regionalized accents as a means to clarify this potential misconception so that everyone's on the same page.

Also, David Hewlett (McKay) though born in the UK is actually a Canadian and has been for most of his life. :-)

Nobody said they couldn't. However, putting "British preferred" when listing the characters to audition for seems to indicate you want a British accent not a British citizen. You'll note in my previous reply I refer to regionalized/non-regionalized accents as a means to clarify this potential misconception so that everyone's on the same page.

Also, David Hewlett (McKay) though born in the UK is actually a Canadian and has been for most of his life. :-)

David Hewlett might be Canadian, yes, but when I heard him speaking off his SG: Atlantis Character, he was speaking with a British Accent :P