Spiderman doesn't make sense any more.

Wacky

Wacky if you're looking for GOOD Spider-man stuff to read, check out Ultimate Spider-man. It takes Peter back to his roots and sort of streamlines years and years of Spider-man continuity. It also helps that only one writer has been on the title for something like 11-12 years; it's incredibly consistent. Once it relaunches with the upcoming Volume 2 (after all this ridiculously stupid ULTIMATUM crap), it will probably be the first and only Marvel book I actually pick up every month, and this is coming from a die-hard DC fan.

I'm going to have to second this. I don't have the patience for comics, but the Ultimate Spiderman videogame is great. And the Spectacular Spiderman TV show (which seems to be based largely on the Ultimate continuity) is good. Does Parker deal with teenage angst? Yes, he's a teenager. But what's really good is that they take the time to originate all the villains (unlike Spiderman the Animated series... god, what crap that was) and give them somewhat intelligible reasons to be pissed off (usually because they were wronged in some way). So yeah. I'd recommend that show.

I'm going to have to second this. I don't have the patience for comics, but the Ultimate Spiderman videogame is great. And the Spectacular Spiderman TV show (which seems to be based largely on the Ultimate continuity) is good. Does Parker deal with teenage angst? Yes, he's a teenager. But what's really good is that they take the time to originate all the villains (unlike Spiderman the Animated series... god, what crap that was) and give them somewhat intelligible reasons to be pissed off (usually because they were wronged in some way). So yeah. I'd recommend that show.

"Face it, Tiger... you've just hit the Jackpot." This line in Spectacular is infinitely better than almost all other versions.

Guaranteed to get me randy if said by Girl in appropriate voice inflection.