Video Games Live Pittsburgh Meetup?

Cerrax

so Video Games Live is finally coming to Pittsburgh this year. Thought it might be a good opportunity to see some OCR peeps. Its gonna be at Heinz Hall July 11 and 12.

PLANS:

Tentatively Saturday, July 11.

Possible plans before after at qpa/Cerrax's house

Eat n Park/ Primanti's / IHOP

DEFINITE:

Cerrax

yodaisbetter

q-pa

MAYBE:

Sinewav

I'm definitely interested, but I'll have to see how the money/transportation situation works out.

I went to the Louisville VGL-meetup last summer, and it was one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever been to. Plus, meeting OCR people IRL is way cool.

Seeing as that is one of the two closest places to me that VGL will be playing this year, I'd certainly love to experience it with some people from OCR. Count me tentatively down for at least one of those two days. Can someone check to see if there's an IHOP nearby? :<

According to Google Maps, the nearest IHOP is 10 minutes from the venue (over the river). But there are a lot of Eat n' Parks (Pittsburgh being their corporate home) and I know a couple of them are 24-hours...

Also, I'd be willing to tentatively host people at my place in Squirrel Hill either before or after the concert for some gaming, jamming and/or chilling.

Humble thanks in advance to both qpa and Cerrax for offering possible shelter! I would honestly prefer to do it on the Saturday, July 11th date, simply because that means those of us trekking in wouldn't have to drive there and back in one day. Cerrax, I like you're idea of taking the trolley. I don't think I've ever been to Pittsburg so I'd much rather leave my car somewhere safe from getting towed, and cause riding a trolley would be le awesomeness.

Alright, I've decided, count me in! Should we all buy our tickets together so we can all sit together like a big, nerdy, awesome family? :tomatoface:

Also, what the ^$*%(_! hell is an Eatn'Park? Perchance it might have something to do with eating, harboring a likelihood of also parking?

• 1 month later...

Okay so tickets are on sale now and I'm betting they'll go pretty fast. I'm wondering if maybe we could arrange who is coming so we could get seats all in the same section and maybe a group discount. I know if I count my sister and a few friends who are interested, I already have like 5 or 6 people who would come.

I suggest Saturday the 11th like Stevo said since that means traveling back will not be as stressful.

Hanging out/meeting at either qpa's and/or my place is a good idea. And we could get food either at Eat n Park or Primanti's ( I suggest Primanti's since its a truly Pittsburgh exclusive dinner. Eat n Park is just like every other restaurant chain)

Possibly more fun at qpa's/my place after the show.

Like I said, I can sustain some people at my place so driving back on Sunday is an option for some. qpa has also expressed the possibility of housing a few people.

So for planning sake, who is definite and who is maybe?

I'll be updating the first post to help everyone keep track of what's up.

Definitely going. :-D

ETA: (Let me rephrase that; defintely going as long as a job interview doesn't come up. I have a feeling that these things are going to be screwing up a lot of my plans for the summer. There are none on that date though, as far as I know yet, but apparently school districts have a habit of scheduling interviews at the last minute)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Bump

Um I'm kind of getting worried about tickets. Is this meetup a no go or what?

Bump again.

Yes, it would be nice if you could gather tickets--at least for me 'cause I'll want to sit with all the cool people! :smile: