OCR00212 - Bubble Bobble "West Side Homies"

m68030

Bubble Bobble 'West Side Homies'

True story- I found this remix off of Kazaa about a month before it was

posted on OC ReMix. It's a fun little interpretation of the classic BB theme,

funky and light, smooth and fluid. Bubble Bobble remixes are always

welcome by the monkey machine, and you should like them too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I should've reviewed this sooner (I downloaded this mix a week ago), but I've been sick with the flu and only now am I feeling better. Well anyway, I don't mean to be harsh, but HELL I'll just say it: This mix sucks. If I download a rap mix, I don't nesecarily expect VOCALS, so I'll let that slide, but besides vocals, rap is two things: Loud drum beats and killer basslines, of which this mix has neither. Stay FAR far away.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This ReMix is a good example of what OCR should be. You take a source tune and you turn it to something different. The arrangement here is really interesting. I'm not a big fan of hip hop but I can easily appreciate the effort put into this. Come on, tell me that this wasn't unexpected. The ReMiXeR here did a good job twice. At first, he had an original idea, and then he turned it out in such a good way.

Relaxing remix. Short but good.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is super quiet, especially after listening to such a loud mix a couple minutes ago. A volume boost would have helped the background come out a little bit more and support everything else going on. Aside from that, there's not much to say about this one. It's pretty close to the source, but in a much more laid back, hip hop style. Personally I'm not crazy about the style, the source, or the sounds, so this is a pass for me. Sorry.

I really don't like most of the instrument choices here. The steel drum, banjo, and bell seems like a conglomeration of all the instruments I don't usually like to hear as lead instruments :-P I agree with DA, this is way too quiet, it could stand to be boosted up quite a bit.

I can't really dig this, sorry :| Great remixer name, though!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00212 - Bubble Bobble "West Side Homies"