Do certain anime art styles have names?

Meteo Xavier

As I wait for my psychotic anti-sex manuscript to come back from my prviate editor, I'm trying to draw up stuff for cover art ideas (on the chance I get that opportunity) and I want to do something with an anime face on it, but trying to translate whats upstairs to text is difficult.

So I'm asking if certain anime styles that you keep seeing have definite names and designs so if I ask for something like Yuffie Kisaragi's head drawn like this style of anime (http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/images/promoimages/d/dime/trippin/castlevania_dawn_of_sorrow.jpg) or this (http://www.animeh.pl/images/upload/Wrath%20Of%20The%20Ninja%20-%20Yotoden%201.jpg), I would know what the hell I'm talking about?

I've never been aware of certain styles having names, however, often artists will have their styles associated with their names. So a famous manga-ka (manga artist) will have "their" style, but no matter what it is, its still anime/manga. AFAIK, anime IS the art style.

The closest thing that I know of depends on the medium (so for eg wet media, oekaki etc). However, there is no specific styles to my knowledge. Genres, maybe?

Yeah, most anime is classified by the artist who draws certain memorable styles, such as Miyazaki, Toriyama, Obata, etc.

Manga is the same, as I can pick out stuff by Yuki Kaori and Yoshitaka Amano by a glance, but there is usually slight differences in manga styled-art as opposed to anime styles...most notably shading differences and use of line technique and medium. Ayami Kojima's stuff also falls in here, though her stuff is video-game, it's more based in manga style than anime.

You have your super-deformed, or 'Chibi' style, which is usually very big head and very small body and looking as cute as possible.

Art styles sometimes go along with the genre of anime and manga as well. Shoujo and Shonen anime/manga usually has a distinct style about it that's more or less uniform except for artist's personal styles being mixed in.