OCR01816 - Mega Man 3 "Magnet Missiles"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow, a very different sound from Jon! I never thought I'd hear Smash Mouth's "Disconnect the Dots" on OCR ;-). I love the ska sound. The arrangement is very quirky, but I love it. The rockin' keys solo is classic Jon. Excellent trombone playing from his brother. The intonation is fantastic, which let's face it, can be a rare thing! The drums are excellent as well. It's almost unbelievable how much Jon's drums have improved over the years! His full band production quality has also changed for the better! It was a very interesting choice for the mix, but Jon pulled it off!

• 4 weeks later...

Ha ha ha, what a surprise. This is totally recognizable as Magnet Man's stage, and yet the tone is given such a wild spin that it's turned inside out. I can't decide whether I walked into a cheeky LOLapalooza concert or if I'm listening to what could pass for one of the freshest Saturday morning cartoon theme songs ever concocted. My favorite arrangement touches have gotta be the sun-bright high-key-to-low-key rendition of the tail end of the source (0:52-1:00 and 3:19-3:27) and the organ-led activity run at 1:58+.

My only gripe is that Missiles should have a second I in it. But never mind that; my spirit soars with this.

• 4 years later...

Right from the opening chords I knew this would kick my ass million times. The first seconds are brutal as hell. But when agressive guitar vanished, and brass broke into, I actually had eargasm. It put a smile on my face. I couldn't imagine ska as style for Magnet Man's ReMix, but it works here. You made my day, guys.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01816 - Mega Man 3 "Magnet Missiles"