Kingdom Hearts Dearly Beloved Remix

PianoCat5

I thought I'd try my hand at remixing the title theme from Kingdom Hearts, Dearly Beloved. I right now basically have a really long intro, but I like what it sounds like.

Here's the link to my song:

stats.png

and here's a link to source tune:

I am going to write more very soon, but I want to know what you guys think of the opening, so please comment!

Thanks a bunch!

It sounded REALLY long, and it made me really nervous, to be frank. It really could have been like, 5 seconds instead of a full minute. Also, this sounds like it has nothing at all to do with the source tune. The source tune is way too repetitive though, even for a video game. I mean damn, even NES games from the 80's had music that was much less repetitive than this. Can't composers actually finish a damn song?

It sounded REALLY long, and it made me really nervous, to be frank. It really could have been like, 5 seconds instead of a full minute. Also, this sounds like it has nothing at all to do with the source tune. The source tune is way too repetitive though, even for a video game. I mean damn, even NES games from the 80's had music that was much less repetitive than this. Can't composers actually finish a damn song?

Thanks for the comment, man! It is still in the early stages, but I do intend to make the song rather long, so a long intro I think is fitting.

And yes, it is a repetitive source tune, but I like how much room it leaves for interpretation. you really think it could have been that much shorter? And the source tune is hinted in the reversed guitar and the piano actually brings it in, so I'm sorry, but I don't understand that criticism. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I liked the idea of the source fading in, but I would start to fade the guitar to a piano or mezzo piano. In my oppinion I would do that at about 44 seconds in, then I would fade it completly out by 1:12, but again that's just me. The reason is like what Ghetto and even yourself said, the intro is way too long. What Ghetto is saying that the guitar intro could have been fine for the first 5 seconds and you would have been fine. I would say that 5 seconds would be too short for me, and that you could cut it down quite a bit and still get the same feeling your aiming at.