Help identifying jazz song

zircon

I attended a performance yesterday of the amazing Spelman College Jazz Orchestra, which featured four fantastic female singers. The concert focused on jazz, big band, and swing music, but one piece really caught my ear. Unfortunately, there was no program and they didn't announce the name of it! It had a solo female vocal on it with some heavy improvisation towards the end (very soulful) and I believe the primary lyric ended in "...and I feel good", or "...and I feel fine." The improvisation was done on the last word, be it "good" or "fine".

Here's a really simple reduction of what the music of the chorus sounded like, except imagine this played by a full jazz group.

http://www.zirconstudios.com/whatsthis.mp3

If it helps, the piano ostinato WAS in the full arrangement.

Let's hope somebody knows what this is, because that sounds fantastic. Have you tried looking up the music website (or whatever group/club sponsored the orchestra) on the college's website, getting an email address, and shooting them an email? I know that for my college, most events are run through a group called Apps, and I can check out info about events on their website (which is a part of the school's website), or at least get some contact info to someone who may have put on the event.

THANK YOU MUSTIN! That's it, 100%.

See, if you were just listening to this once, and trying to recall a few days later, my description is pretty much all you'd remember :P But man, the performance I saw of this was absolutely amazing. The vocalist was a friggin' 20 year old sophomore majoring in ECONOMICS and her voice brought down the house. I'd say it was even better than that recording!! The improvisation of the performer I saw was absolutely nuts, world-class stuff... I want to see that again :(