Megaman Zero 2 Opening Remix - FINAL VERSION

AMT

FINAL:

Just thought I'd update one more time with my final version:

stats.png

Polished up a lot here and there. Just submitted it today, wish me luck! Thanks everyone for the comments! Hopefully it's a song people can enjoy. Feel free to still leave feedback, I'd love to hear it!

OLD:

http://tindeck.com/listen/cxzh

I put a ton of focus on mixing everything very carefully and making each element stand out. I also adjusted the dynamics of the song a bit. Thanks for listening and tell me what you think!

http://tindeck.com/listen/pxnv

Re-recorded the whole thing, much better playing and guitar tones this time. Please listen and leave feedback!

http://tindeck.com/listen/mqbq

Updated a bunch, check it out!

http://tindeck.com/listen/ymop

I did a mix of this a long time ago, but I figured I'd give it another go from scratch. I like how it's coming along, and would love to get some constructive criticism. Thoughts?

For those that don't know the source...

I have nothing to add on this at this time. I'll try to get something in once I've listened a few times.

Edit:

Ok, listened a few times. I do have to agree with Luke regarding the lead in the beginning. At around 0:40 the lead changed a bit, reducing in volume. Personally, I preferred the lower volume.

In all honesty, it felt very short to me. I liked the shorter intro, but we then don't even get a full minute of the main track before you cut it something I feel is more just background noise for the track. I'd say try for even another 30 seconds with the lead, just to give it some more umph! I want to hear more of your own renditions of that lead than you're giving us.

I made myself listen to this for hours before posting here.

That said, I'm enjoying the new section you added. The change in the lead early on is good, too. The addition you put in from 0:39 on also sounded fantastic; subtle enough to not drown everything else, but enough for people to be able to pay attention to it.

I'm trying to figure out what the background voice is saying from 2:10 to the end of the song. I will admit it adds a bit of an extra breath of fresh air into the outro.

As a brief note, I'm no remixer myself. I'm speaking from someone who just listens to a LOT of music, mostly remixes, and going simply by that.

First off man, i love the sound of the song, its awesome. Its very similar to the style i play, especially when doing video game remixes. Check out my zelda labyrinth remix at http://www.soundlantern.com/UpdatedSoundPage.do?ToId=36238 .

Anyways, i think the overall mixing isn't too bad, but i think too many things blend into too many other things. I think maybe if you applied an EQ on the whole project level it would help out clearing up some of the noise. Try bringing the highs up a little and the bass up the little and maybe lowering the mids just a tad. Maybe adding a slight chorus and delay effect to the lead will help it stand a little more. And make sure the rythym guitars are panned as far to the side as they can go.

Also, are you using a compressor? I'm not sure if you are, but if you aren't, give it a shot. I usually run a compressor on the drums and then again on the whole project. This can help clear up a lot of the in-between noise of the different tracks.

The vocals are an awesome touch that you don't see in many video game remixes. Again, i think if you ran a compressor and some slight EQ changes to help bring the vocals out a little more that would help with overall finished quality of the song.

I would love to hear the finished version of this track! :)

This site needs more big baritone German vocals to go with the ripping guitar solos (I'm still working on my Rammstein sound so don't offer to collab with me just yet ;p).

Honestly I thought the song was good until you started singing. Maybe it's just not my style. In any case maybe you should bring the vocals in earlier so people know what to expect. Make them a bigger part of the song.

I gotta say, this version is leaps and bounds better than first in terms of production. Nice bass, especially with the drums, and everything seems to fit in nicely and doesn't overpower anything else.

As for the guitars, do you have just one track? It sounds like. What you can do to get that fuller and more stereo sound is to record to 2 tracks pan them opposite each other. So one track comes out the left speaker and the other the right speaker. Thats about the only thing i see about improving the guitars.

I do kinda agree that if your gonna add vocals, maybe bring them in sooner in the song. The placement, production wise, is very good. Its not too overpowering, yet stands out amongst everything.

I think adding the 2nd guitar track and panning them 100% left and right would make a great improvement for this song. Other than that, it sounds awesome man!

I like this version a lot better. I like the scream in the beginning, it adds to the power of the song. The leads have nice power and substance behind them with the synths and rythym guitars.

I think if you added some more screams throughout the song it might add a little more to it. Sometimes the drums sound overcompressed, but not its not too distracting. Its just something that the judges might comment on if you decide to submit this.

Overall though, i love this ReMix. Its got an awesome, raw power to it that makes listening to it a joy. :)

<---- Huge fan of DeathbySpoon.

OKAY let's see what we got here! I'm not sure how to critique the production, so I'm gonna accept it as is - seems pretty decent, it's not like the lead or drums are being drowned out. Welll maybe the snare and kick could stand to punch out a TAD more.

I liked the arrangement insofar and this track's got smoking hot energy. Nothing much to say other than it rawks. Keep it up. :<

• 1 month later...