Open letter to the judges

Rozovian

An open letter to the Judges' Panel, Head Submissions Evaluator Liontamer and Judges Another Soundscape and Palpable excepted from parts of the letter.

Dear Judges,

You may have found Your task intimidating, the public unappreciative of Your efforts, Your critics abundant and Your supporters few. Perhaps the direct posts and the ever-increasing "to be posted"-queue make Your task seem meaningless, or the rapid flow of new submissions overwhelming. I would not be surprised if Your conscience made you reluctant to reject further submissions.

It would also not surprise me if You find Yourself jealous of the adoration fellow Judges Another Soundscape and Palpable receive, or the robotic persistance by which they and especially Head Submissions Evaluator Liontamer judge and reject with little commotion whereas You may feel You are vilified at the first utterance of Your vote or critique. Perhaps You have come to fear the angry mobs of the community and are therefor reluctant, even frantically opposed to reject a submission. That would explain why Your votes seldom appear in the Decision threads of rejections.

The reason I'm writing this to You is that I wish to tell You that what You were appointed to do is not solely reviled, nor does it go unappreciated. Your work is looked upon by remixers awaiting their submissions to be evaluated — be those submissions accepted or not — as a step for them to improve as artists.

I wish You the best as You resume Your task. You are important.

Kind regards,

Rozovian

An open letter to the Judges' Panel, Head Submissions Evaluator Liontamer and Judges Another Soundscape and Palpable excepted from parts of the letter.

Dear Judges,

You may have found Your task intimidating, the public unappreciative of Your efforts, Your critics abundant and Your supporters few. Perhaps the direct posts and the ever-increasing "to be posted"-queue make Your task seem meaningless, or the rapid flow of new submissions overwhelming. I would not be surprised if Your conscience made you reluctant to reject further submissions.

It would also not surprise me if You find Yourself jealous of the adoration fellow Judges Another Soundscape and Palpable receive, or the robotic persistance by which they and especially Head Submissions Evaluator Liontamer judge and reject with little commotion whereas You may feel You are vilified at the first utterance of Your vote or critique. Perhaps You have come to fear the angry mobs of the community and are therefor reluctant, even frantically opposed to reject a submission. That would explain why Your votes seldom appear in the Decision threads of rejections.

The reason I'm writing this to You is that I wish to tell You that what You were appointed to do is not solely reviled, nor does it go unappreciated. Your work is looked upon by remixers awaiting their submissions to be evaluated — be those submissions accepted or not — as a step for them to improve as artists.

I wish You the best as You resume Your task. You are important.

Kind regards,

Rozovian

tl;dr version - plz accept my newest submission

:P

Why did he capitalize the pronouns referring to the judges? I though you were only supposed to do that for God.

Not always. From what I've seen, only capital "Him" is used for God. Other pronouns can be capatilized for extreme formality or for a blast to the past (colonial era, I believe).

Unless I am mistaken, of course. But I've seen pronouns capatilized before.

Not always. From what I've seen, only capital "Him" is used for God. Other pronouns can be capatilized for extreme formality or for a blast to the past (colonial era, I believe).

Unless I am mistaken, of course. But I've seen pronouns capatilized before.

Honestly, it depends on what denomination you ask. It's not a sticking point for any of them, but some folks choose to capitalize any word that's being used to refer to God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit. So even if they talk about "The Rock of my salvation" or something, "Rock" is capitalized because it's the description of God in that particular instance.

The joke is not funny if I have to explain it.

btw... It's a joke.

With a serious point, or several, behind it.

Larry seemed to get it. Skryp got it also. Kyle too. Darke and The Vagrance apparently didn't... tho I don't mind if it has the effect Vagrance seems to think I intended for it to have. Native Jovian got hung up on capitalization lol. :D Didn't see that one coming.